180g Reef Ready Aquarium Package & Much More - $1650

Thanks for all the kind words fellas. Minh & Tim: the same things can be said about you as well (and I'm sure are often).

I was just another reefer struggling with my addiction as I see many of you still are.;)

What up Scott & Jacob? Big Jim was right, I have no intention of returning to the hobby in the near future and especially not in EU.

Guys, you cannot believe the feelings of relief after I unplugged my last return pump and drained the tank. For the first time in 8 years I wasn't responsible for a labor intensive mini ecosystem. It's like I'm finally free. It's crazy. Reefing is necessarily so much a part of your daily life that you don't realize it. Although it did take me a while to get used to the silence produced by a lack of 4000 gallons of water sloshing around every hour.

So this is how normal people live?:)

Besides its good to take a step back so that you may take 2 steps forward, right?

Anyway, this thread has reminded me how many really cool people there are in this hobby. I look forward to hooking up with you guys during my unfortunate but inevitable return to this addiction in the future. :)

oz
sps trafficker for life
recovering reefaholic

Last edited:
Here's an update. Please don't PM. Please don't PM. email me at robosmundson@yahoo.com.

I lowered some prices and added some things.

180 gallon glass reef ready saltwater aquarium. I have not put anything in this tank but water, salt, calcium and Kalk, and coral/fish food. There have never been any medicines, trace minerals, reef vitamins, etc. added. The entire system is clean of any residual effects these additives may cause.

- 180 gallon reef ready tank w/ stand & canopy - $700 ($600 for tank and $200 for stand & canopy if purchased seperately)

- Seio M820 powerhead - $20
- reef ready plumbing & bulk heads - $45 (free if buy tank , stand & canopy)

- 400 watt ballast & lamp (Sunlight Supply) - $100
- PFO 2x400 watt metal halide ballast (never used) - $170
- 2 Lumenarc reflectors 20"x20"- $55 each
- 250 watt metal halide enclosed ballast pendant(ballast, lamp & reflector all one unit)(Sunlight Supply)(includes XM bulb)- $100
- MRC(My Reef Creations) CR-1 Calcium Reactor w/ Mag2 - $170

- Sunlight Supply T5 retro 2x80w (ballast, lamp, reflector, wiring) - $70
- Reeflo Dart external pump - sale pending

- Penguin 330 hang-on filter - $15
- Penguin Mini hang-on filter - $5
- 30 gallon tall glass aquarium w/ black lacquer stand and hood(hood comes with reflectors)(also comes with 10g glass sump) - $90

- 2.5g Nano Reef set up (includes acrylic tank w/black base and black hood, tank drilled for overflow for use with sump, 2x13w power compact w/ reef bulbs, extra set of brand new bulbs, ballast and reflector) - $50
- 2 96w actinic 3 power compact (square pin) w/ 2 months burn time (at most)- $8 each
- 2 reflectors for 96watt power compact - $10 each

- Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer, Radio Shack cat. no.63-1035 (plastic outdoor probe goes in tank) - $5
- 2 Acrylic Media Chambers (good for carbon, phosban, etc.) (built by RC's own plankton)18"x4" - $25 each
- $20 gift certificate to Kent Aquatics - $15
- 4 Beckett injectors (never used)(use to upgrade your protein skimmer or for DIY protein skimmer) - $5 each

rob, shoot me a PM or email when you get a chance. i'd like to you swing by and see some of the oldies we chased awhile back.

tim

PM sent. J/K.

Dang Rob, long time no see. Congrats on Europe (sounds like a great opprounity). Whereabouts are you going?

Be sure to bring back a euro only supercar back with you if you make it back to the states. :)

Does anyone know where in Europe Rob landed and/or how to get in touch with him? If so shoot me a PM please.

Thx.

Thanks Rob, I'll email the other Rob. Lots of "Robs" on this thread actually... I didn't know you were you :)

Tank is sort of on hold, just had another kid. I have all my equipment just sitting in there right now. Maybe one of these days I'll put it all together! How are things with you? Somehow I had a feeling "LFS Owner" was in your future ;)

Back