1st Build Bare Bottom 55 gal Frag Tank w/ Elite Ruby Sump 30

Arnallop3

New member
Here are some shots I took with my phone. Samsung Galaxy 8 not too shabby. With the assistance of a roscolux flourofilter. I bought a sampler of different gel filters. Makes the pictures look a lot closer to what you see in person. Would highly recommend
5ae929a6abc69bb4d69f6b7d0596fae4.jpg
f7242aebd93532db7a549bdd7f428032.jpg
90251a5ad9de20d197edf017c00260fc.jpg
4354fd5c89969d221576304bbaf4b553.jpg
18ad499ba787f35e84cc5f0b7f356616.jpg
489eee5a739934c327eb266d2a311963.jpg
4cdbeac874178e6c811906372519f043.jpg


Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Arnallop3

New member
The above shots were under actinics. These next ones are under both white and blues on. Currently running at about 50 blues and 15 whites. Going to ramp it up a bit. Have to be cautious because I feel they are already bright. I used a roscolux roscosun 1/4 cto.

If you know of any filters that would make it look nicer. Please let me know. I'm also experimenting with some of these so placement might be off. Any suggestions on placement are welcome.

My tang and flame angel are being shy in the background
c43a395ff56a647798c6ecf228a47ead.jpg
be55a56fd653eb710d87c878cbe52dc7.jpg
838fe3dc1d9841f8aa5cb321abf8165e.jpg
8b6524a41b6e7c554fcbdfd8696d9292.jpg
e29757b0f8785ffda1a5e4fc93cd9704.jpg
5cec8010df2c8d99c0dfba7a5dfc2aa6.jpg


Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Arnallop3

New member
One more thing. Someone on reddit did the PAR Meter test on these light fixtures. Here are the screen shots of his work. Hope this helps someone else
11b664f51c553cdf1bfb73c219288881.jpg
ace6447ab8ee51f6d8b74bdefb60ce59.jpg


Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Arnallop3

New member
Sorry haven't been able to give an update.

I've added a Tunze ATO and tunze calcium dispenser.

Also purchased Hanna checkers (alkalinity,calcium and phosphate testers)

Currently messing w kalkwasser to try n dose a bit and keep my PH closer to 8.1. Stopped dosing temporarily because kalk was getting alk a bit high. Fixed problem w several water changes.

I made a rookie mistake by adding some BRS rubble rock into my sump without soaking first...which shot up my phosphate levels. So having a bit of algae outbreak.

I also feel the Rubbermaid container I used leached some phosphates. I gotta test fresh water in bin see if it's plastic leaching phosphate or came all from rubble.

Without further ado..here are some tank and frag shots.

I received some Jawbreaker mushrooms...beautiful specimen. One of my new favorite corals.
e632c550f85801eae3ad42c3950ce5df.jpg
0a65c4c49e14275c7350dbd7c2f3ccce.jpg
6c10a6bfdcf097cd5f24c3da57d33177.jpg
a2fa954c0368c1b4fabbd81798ddd64c.jpg
e7ea0a1359badc90da6cc9e9708626ad.jpg


Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Arnallop3

New member
Thanks. Here's a couple of shots one showing my JB mushroom opening up a bit more.

Finally getting some of my phosphates in check. Had a bit of an algae outbreak that is slowly getting better.

Had my alk a bit high as well around 11 dkh. Now it's closer to 9 dkh seems everything is doing good.

I am also considering dosing kalk since I already have the stuff to do it. Still debating since last time I accidentally raised alk too much. I will keep y'all posted!

Hoping on getting a few more frags from WWC soon!
1f22aa73c55f3d48ca7491fc08685f97.jpg
c6eda9e0084f8a381b98146e9d101880.jpg


Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 
Top