2 sets of paired perc clowns in a 180 gallon reef???

jim t

I have 2 paired sets of clowns. 1 true percula and picasso (over 5 years old) and a set of snowflake clowns (2 years old) in different tanks. I just purchased a 180 gallon. Any chance that they can make it in the same tank??? Suggestions?

I'd think so just make sure there is plenty of areas such as crevices and caves for them to claim as there own or they will fight over territories.

Is it possible? Yes. Especially if they have their own anemones or other hosts at opposite ends of the tank.
Just be sure you have a fallback plan if one pair starts shredding the other. And even if it works for awhile, it one pair starts laying eggs, it could trigger aggression.

Good point about spawning Postal didn't event think of that! It could be the issue that causes them to kill each other or it could be a non-issue who knows every individual fish is different.

I am not sure it's worth risking but I really don't want to sell a set of my clowns. I don't want 2 tanks

Large sump with extra chamber? They don't need a big area :). Nem and light and u can keep both with no worry

Back