200 Gallon Deep Dimension Mixed Reef Build

Rendos

I am in the process of setting up a Marineland 200 gallon deep dimension aquarium.

200DD-L.jpg

So far I know the tank I'm getting, and I'll be using Marineland's Monterey stand also.

The equipment list is as follows so far:

Aquatic Life Expert Series LED lighting
Trigger systems sump
Reef Octopus SRO 5000 INT skimmer
2 x Vortech MP-40's
1 x Tunze 6125 Stream pump
Mag Drive 18 return pump through 2 Sea-Swirls
APEX Controller
Reef Octopus Calcium Reactor CR-140
Reef Flakes substrate
Tsunami ATO
Titanium heaters

Having my welder make a custom light rack that will be powder coated so the lights appear to float above the aquarium.

Yep. My new tank. Ordered it today. Should be a few weeks until it arrives. Gives me time to get the rest together.

Man, that rocks. I really want to see the trigger sump. I almost bought one in the past, they look nice. This will be a nice setup. :)

Out of curiosity, with 2 mp40s and a tunze, will the sea swirls be necessary? You'll have awesome flow patterns at least. :)

I can't go bigger because my house isn't big enough.
I love lots of flow in my tanks. So the combination of all those different types of flow should be awesome.
Why Aquatic Life? - I like to try new products, but I may be changing that to AI Hydra's.

I can't go bigger because my house isn't big enough.
I love lots of flow in my tanks. So the combination of all those different types of flow should be awesome.
Why Aquatic Life? - I like to try new products, but I may be changing that to AI Hydra's.

have you seen hydras in person? i heard that they seem less bright than vegas?

I was planning to do radions on my new 120, but now i have second thoughts... again.

Back to the near "cube" shapes, eh Richard??? Pant. Drool. Awesome!

Post pics of your progress. This will be fun to watch.
Marty

Back