210 build... finally

Travis1787

Well I've been saving my pennies and planning this upgrade for awhile now. I currently have a 112 (called a 120) 60x18x24. We are getting all our flooring redone in our house soon and they wanted the tank out to do so. So I told the wifey if its Coming down a new one is going back up!

210 72x24x29, furniture grade stand and canopy, custom acrylic sump, led/halide combo, fluval sp6 return pump, sea swirls on the returns.

Current setup

New stand and canopy

Also got a brand new 210 GLASS tank from FAOIS

Bought a 150 gallon fiberglass stock tank to hold live stock while I tear down tank, the floors get done, and the new 210 gets setup. It Will all be in the guest room since the floors in there aren't getting done.

Acan heavy is my goal, softies low and some sps high in secluded areas. Rock work will be like the one above but the middle island will be closer the the right island making a larger gap on the left island and flat rocks cliff like on top going from high left to low right. I have a crappy drawing idea ill post try not to laugh tho .....

As for lighting I had went with 2 Radions,reeflink and prenium hanging kits for a total of $1325 and a also had bought a reefbrite xho and I got that for $350 ....

Well funds got tight so I sold the Radions and returned the reefbrite and went with 2 reef breeders 32 photon w series for $979. I had 2 photons in the past and loved them but this new model seems great and in the end I saved an extra $600-700.

The photon 32 w series has 99 leds per unit, nice slim design and the best part is instead of a screen and a remote like the older photons these w series have a wireless remote like a smart phone to control and set the lights from anywhere in your home and the units link via bluetooth so one remote programs/controls both units at sametime

https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/photon-32-w/

I can always sell them in the future if I want to go with Radions when the play cash flow isn't so low

Thanks guys! And Sam you have an awesome stand you bought from that awesome guy remember ;-)

And yea roger patience is key lol I could have started this thread 3 months ago but I've been planning and getting things in place and stuff

When I came buy to get the tank and lights from you I got excited seeing the hood and stand.I will definitely be following and if you need a hand lmk since I'm right up the street.

UPDATES:

New custom sump made by SKYWAY AQUARIUMS! Super happy with it 40x20x16 with over flow into sock inlet, Skimmer zone with adjustable baffle/bubble trap and return zone.

Last edited:

View from the back I still need to black out the middle section, but I got the egg crate cut to fit in the whole tank bottom

Door track mounted in canopy for leds to hang from and slide where needed.... eye hooks in the rear are for the 250 halide to hang from

You see the left and right support braces ? Well they fell in the way off where the overflows will sit so I had to move them both over 3 inches and trim some off

Back