240 gallon acrylic reef build

Done! Put in a 22hr day to get everything in there. I ended up transporting most of the fish in 1 gallon buckets with an aerator and a healthy dose of Ammo-Lock to keep the ammonia down. Some of the bags smelled like pure ammonia so it's a good thing I had the ammolock. Although, the CBB and Moorish Idol were in the 150 gallon rubbermaid stock tank with the coral rocks. I wasn't chancing those two to aerated buckets... The biggest problem with the tank was that the salinity was off. I had to raise it so that took an extra hour. Anyway, here are the pictures and a video I uploaded to Facebook. All of the fish were super happy and hungry today so keep your fingers crossed that nothing terrible happens in the next few days.

st79.jpg

st80.jpg

Video: https://www.facebook.com/v/10101133504260319. Sorry, my phone won't upload to youtube without a WiFi connection and I don't have cable internet yet.

Man I thought we were going to put an APB out on you. Loved the video. Tank is looking good. What type of butterfly is that in your tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Siri and Tapatalk.

Haha! I've been swamped at work! The butterfly was listed on LA as a Spotfin but it's obvious now that it has matured that it is a common reef butterfly (Chaetodon sedentarius). He's still a cool little fish though, just not as pretty as a spotfin.

Thanks Ace! PM me any questions if you want to do a large DIY build. They're a lot of fun.

I got a huge shipment of corals from my good friend JeffBerg a few days ago. I'll post some pictures this weekend but here's a short list of the highlights:
Miami orchid
sunset montipora(small)
Nathans green milli
sherbert stylophora
pearlberry
red dragon
yellow tipped milli
reef ready grape juice
elias blue stag
Tyree pink lemonade

Back