240gal setup pics

The shark will need alot more room in the front of the tank then in the back. I would get rid of some of the rock in the front. The shark will grow rather fast and he will need more sandbed space.

Lakeside518,

Yeah, got very lucky.....I checked the papers and online daily for over a month before I found it.

How do you have the powerheads mounted in the tank? I have the same tank (Tenecor 240) and the big "lip" around the top of the tank prevents any kind of hang-on mounting. Right now I'm using the suction cups (2x Seio 1100s) but I don't expect that to last too long.

Thanks,
George

I know I'm the new guy and my opinion doesn't carry much weight but the rock work needs to be very sturdy. even a medium size juvinal cat shark will send it tumbling around if it gets excited .

:wildone:

Mitzel,

I put the rocks in first, then filled with sand....it's pretty sturdy....but I hear what you're saying......I would imagine a shark could do some rock-rearranging.....

BTW, do you post on SWF? I think I may have talked to you over there....

Well, welcome aboard :p Lots of good people here (and a few SOB's, but hey, there's one in every crowd :D )

Back