250W Giesemann light Repair?

That magnetic metal halide ballast will not work with HQI double ended lamps unfortunately. That one is rated only for single ended probe start lamps (ANSI M58). You need an ANSI M80 ballast but the bare ballasts are only made to order for lighting manufacturers. They are available fully assembled inside an enclosure. Other option is to use an electronic ballast.

That magnetic metal halide ballast will not work with HQI double ended lamps unfortunately. That one is rated only for single ended probe start lamps (ANSI M58). You need an ANSI M80 ballast but the bare ballasts are only made to order for lighting manufacturers. They are available fully assembled inside an enclosure. Other option is to use an electronic ballast.
A m80 like this?
https://hamiltontechnology.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=180

Assembled 250 watt M80 ballast in a black aluminum enclosure
Powerful, High Performance, Reliable with Long Rated Life
Use with any 250 watt Metal Halide Double-Ended HQI or Pulse Start 250 watt mogul based lamp
Includes: 3 prong quick disconnect, 6 foot grounded power cord, louvers for cooling and solid mount rubber feet
Replacement ballast compatible with Hamilton, Sunlight Supply and Lumateck 3 prong quick disconnect
Optional 12 ft lamp cord with 3 prong male quick disconnect. Plugs into our ballast on one end & has 3 wires (black, white, green) at the other end

Yes that Hamilton ballast is an assembled M80 ballast. The bare ballasts (core and coil, capacitor and ignitor kit) are typically not available anymore. Ballast choices have slimmed down even for the lighting manufacturers.

A thank you

A thank you

Jst wanted to thank everyone for lending a hand on this thread. I really like my Giesemann Infinity over the Ecotech Radian I have. Once I get the ballast, going back to the HQI. Always had better results with it.

Chief out...

Back