25g bonsai tank

How in the world did you get your rock like that...

I know you said pvc and drilled but how many rocks did you drill and how did you mount to the pvc? I really like it, gives me the feeling like I'm diving, not just like I'm looking inside a tank at a walk of rock that happens to have coral on it. I'd like to do something similar.

Amazing tank thanks for sharing.

How in the world did you get your rock like that...

I know you said pvc and drilled but how many rocks did you drill and how did you mount to the pvc? I really like it, gives me the feeling like I'm diving, not just like I'm looking inside a tank at a walk of rock that happens to have coral on it. I'd like to do something similar.

Amazing tank thanks for sharing.

ill see if i can dig up some pics of the rock build , in short i used pvc " t's " and " 90's " and some 1/2 pvc to create a base or platorm.

i then used one single piece of pvc straight up and mounted my rocks to that.

the whole structure is built on 3 small rocks i drilled on angles to get them the way they sit.

i used a large zip tie to kee the structure from shifting if i bump it or remove it.

since i built it this way i am able to pick the whole tree up . base and all and easily lift it out of the tank for any maintanance or adding or hard to reach frags.

i quickly ran out of room and started to use branch type or birdnest type rocks to glue to the tree and allow for more frags.

the tree needs constant trimming of zoos as they are growing incredibly fast but this was the idea in the first place , a structure i could easily prune and keep the growth at bay.

i remove and swap out corals reguraily and frag as needed to bring things back to their origional size.

thanks!!

oh and all the tree frags and sub-structures(archs,shelves) as ill call them are glued using ecotech coral glue either in the water or out of water.

with growth and new fish come new homes , so they bonsai will be moved into this new tank which should add some more comfort to my latest addition:p

unfortunately no glass sandbed in the new tank , i love the idea and its nice now that coraline is starting to grow on it in blotches but i have a few fish i want now that i have a bigger cube.

30" x 30" x 20"high .......77g cube

IMG_8112_zpsc49de0c7.jpg

IMG_8113_zps5134a57d.jpg

IMG_8114_zps9e373f01.jpg

IMG_8115_zpsa3faad82.jpg

ill see if i can dig up some pics of the rock build , in short i used pvc " t's " and " 90's " and some 1/2 pvc to create a base or platorm.

i then used one single piece of pvc straight up and mounted my rocks to that.

the whole structure is built on 3 small rocks i drilled on angles to get them the way they sit.

i used a large zip tie to kee the structure from shifting if i bump it or remove it.

since i built it this way i am able to pick the whole tree up . base and all and easily lift it out of the tank for any maintanance or adding or hard to reach frags.

i quickly ran out of room and started to use branch type or birdnest type rocks to glue to the tree and allow for more frags.

the tree needs constant trimming of zoos as they are growing incredibly fast but this was the idea in the first place , a structure i could easily prune and keep the growth at bay.

i remove and swap out corals reguraily and frag as needed to bring things back to their origional size.

thanks!!

Would love to see the construction pictures to give me some ideas... I'm still picking out my tank but will be ready soon!

Would love to see the construction pictures to give me some ideas... I'm still picking out my tank but will be ready soon!

this is what i found so far, you can kinda see how i got it put togetherin these pics.i had built the tree and had it sit in my90g until i was ready for the build....the tree has come along way ,looks very bare in these photos lol

026_zpsed45f2db.jpg

028_zps5c943ac7.jpg

029_zps4e65ffc9.jpg

030_zps2a5c395a.jpg

031_zps62f5997b.jpg

my first day in its new tank:

IMG_6993.jpg

and here she is today:)

ReefWars20121003_281_zps1a30774d.jpg

Thank you for the pictures of construction... very helpful... so basically a square bottom to a center pipe that goes straight up and you laid kinda longer pieces of drilled rock on it? Nice idea and the stand bit is hidden in your sand, I think I am going to try that out in our new tank. What is the tie wrap holding?

Really nice idea... I see this on one side of my tank and a normal little mound on the other...

Thank you for the pictures of construction... very helpful... so basically a square bottom to a center pipe that goes straight up and you laid kinda longer pieces of drilled rock on it? Nice idea and the stand bit is hidden in your sand, I think I am going to try that out in our new tank. What is the tie wrap holding?

Really nice idea... I see this on one side of my tank and a normal little mound on the other...

yup you got it , the three pieces i choose were basically one good thick one for the base and 2 thick shelveing pieces i had from my liverock bin for the two sides. in a top down view it probably looks like a giant mushroom slightly slanted over lol

the zip tie is to keep everything from twisting as they are on weird angles, and i want to be able to lift the whole structure in and out of the tank at anytime without ripping apart corals that have grown.

the zip tie quickly covered in coraline and isnt visable any more:)

Denny This is as nice as a similar one on another forum I visit

How bout frag of those perty zoas lol

well howdy stranger lol yeah i hear this build or "one similiar" is on a different forumn and better pics and info hehehe:p

haha everyone wants a frag of that , actually i recieved a whole shipment of deepwaters like above with no names, they went fast and i have another shipment coming next wednesday:p

and................dendros!!!!!!!!!!

lol

cheers buddy , hope you got your acan i sent you??:p

got some new chalices today as well hehehe;)

Back