25G Lagoon Part 2 - The Rebuild

Little update

Tank is doing really well. Got a few Aptasia popping up (maybe 5-6) so might throw a peppermint in to take care of them now but not a huge deal as of yet. Corals are doing really well, everything is growing and looking good. I added Red Sea "Trace Elements" dosing to my schedule along with my Bionic 2 part dosing which right now is on a doser 2ml @ 4X's daily all levels holding good. I am trying to make sure I do my weekly maintenance of 5g WC and making sure everything is nice and clean :)

Alk 8dkh
Ca 450ppm
Mg 1350ppm

Great looking tank! You mind if I ask how your back section is set up?

I'm looking to get back into the hobby after a few years off and want to go with an AIO this time, and really like the lagoon 25. One thing I'm noticing is their ghost skimmer seems to be the only nano skimmer out there that fits in while still keeping minimal top profile. I really like how yours looks and with how healthy your tank seems to be, I may just try and mimic yours as best as possible ��

Great looking tank! You mind if I ask how your back section is set up?

I'm looking to get back into the hobby after a few years off and want to go with an AIO this time, and really like the lagoon 25. One thing I'm noticing is their ghost skimmer seems to be the only nano skimmer out there that fits in while still keeping minimal top profile. I really like how yours looks and with how healthy your tank seems to be, I may just try and mimic yours as best as possible ��

Thanks bud!

To be honest this little AIO is perfect. I have had many various successful tanks over the years myself and I love the simplicity of an AIO. Having a sump on a larger tank is definitely needed but with all the little gadgets these AIO's have its really cool. Especially the Innovative Marine stuff. This small tank keeps me in the hobby but at the same time not broke and spending long hours maintaining it.

Here is a picture of the back of my tank section.... Kinda shows what I got going on.

As you can see I do have the Ghost Skimmer. Supposedly IM has a new release an updated version of this skimmer called the "DC". It says it runs more efficient and delivers a drier skim-mate. I will say the original Ghost works good but it does produce some watery stuff just because it is so small so I would really be interested and might upgrade to the new "DC" myself.

I also have a "Smart" auto top off with a 6g acrylic reservoir in the bottom of my stand holding fresh RO/DI water. I have a cooling fan set up hooked up to a climate control probe that kicks on once tank gets above 80 degrees (mainly for the summer). I have my 2 pump dosing set up for Alk & CA to keep things perfect. I have the IM UV filter which slides directly into one of the over flow chambers. I also have the IM media chamber which I run Carbon in to help clean and polish the water.

Below is another new pic, got a few more things.... I know I should stop lol. I got a nice Maxima clam, a anacapora frag, a pink boobies chalice frag and some cool monti. Once things grow in I am going to be in trouble :beer:

Well it has been a while since I posted an update of the tank.

Things are going pretty good and growth has been increasing. I recently adjusted my lights by increasing the photo period to 11 hours but decreasing peak intensity from 100% to 85% and running peak for only 4 hours. I also lowered my whites more as well to focus on making the color pop.

Things have been pretty stable but I know I am going to have to frag or re arrange a few corals as I kinda over packed the tank and things are getting dangerously close....

Here is a pic of the center of the tank you can see how well things are growing and how colorful they are.

I am currently dosing 10ml of BIonic 2 part ALk & CA which is keeping my levels pretty stable. I also dose Red Sea Coral Colors ABCD .5ml daily of each supplement.

I have been doing a WC every 10-14 days of about 5 gallons using RODI water mixed with Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt.

I will update with more pics later today :)

Well it's been about a year exactly since I restarted this tank.....

It has been great and running smoothly with everything being automated all I do is feed the fish and check alk once a week. Fill ATO reservoir every 2 weeks and do a WC maybe 1 time a month.

Everything has been doing really good and growing well.. I have given friends frags and tank is still overly full haha. I have Jaw Breakers hiding through out the tank in the rock work and randomly behind stuff.

Fish are good. Unfortunately lost my leopard wrasse randomly but replaced him with a easy to care for small six line who is awesome as well for such a cheap fish.

Not really sure what else I can do with such a small tank but things are really starting to touch a little too much so might need to start re working it again.......

Sorry been kinda MIA but wanted to post a few updated pictures.

Tank has been running smoothly by itself.... I finally did a 5G WC yesterday after about 3 months of no WC's.

Dosing has been holding steady and no real changes other than all the corals starting to fight over territory due to them growing out.

I never thought I could fit sooo much into such a small tank.

Tank looks spectacular. Is your back section set up the same way as it was on the last page? Still running the ghost skimmer?

Tank looks spectacular. Is your back section set up the same way as it was on the last page? Still running the ghost skimmer?

Yea everything is still exactly the same! No changes what so ever. Its not the best skinmer and I've been thinking of upgrading but my tank seems to handle the nutrient export fine.

Im just running out of room, kinda want to get a bigger tank but I also don't want any extra headaches lol. I literally just feed the fish, clean the carbon reactor every 2 week's and top off the ATO.

Thinking of getting back in on a smaller scale - really nice tank. I'm afraid threads like this will addict me again... lol....

Thinking of getting back in on a smaller scale - really nice tank. I'm afraid threads like this will addict me again... lol....

Haha right!

Yea to be honest Ive had large tanks and this would be my smallest tank ever and I really love the AIO set up! Learning what works over the years and how to incorporate it into this small tank has made it super simple to manage.

I literally just feed the fish daily, add ATO water as needed which is usually once every 2 weeks, clean skimmer and carbon chamber every 2 weeks and do a water change rarely.

Everything else is pretty much automated from dosing to light schedule so no real need to mess with the tank much.

Only issue is you run out of coral real estate fast!

Wow, very impressive. I like seeing the corals grow over the year and a half (before/after pics).

What light are you running? I didn't see it listed in your setup. Thanks.

Well since we are all in quarantine lock down.... I have been enjoying looking at the tank since I have so much more down time.

Hopefully this ends soon as we can all get back to our normal lives!

Here is a full tank shot from yesterday, tank is doing good. Main issues I have it over growth and corals competing for space. I am now dosing 18ml of Alk and 18 ml of CA daily and also dosing my trace elements. Alk has been staying around 7-7.5 and Ca around 450

Back