265 and Stand for Sale

ca1ore

Grizzled & Cynical
On Saturday Oct 28th I am doing a tank changeover. The old 265 and stand will be available for sale. It's a standard Marineland 265 manufactured in mid 2013. I had had it up and running for four years. The stand was made by me and is incredibly sturdy. I built it as much to be a piece of furniture, so it will not accommodate a sump (I have my sump in the basement). Will also include the matching wooden cap and all bulkheads. The tank is also drilled for a closed loop along the rear back. Other than a ton of coralline, the tank is in essentially perfect condition with the exception of one small scratch in the front panel.

Anyone willing to come and pick it up around noon on the 28th can have the tank and stand for $250 - but it will be 'raw' and require a good vinegar soak before reusing. If I have to keep it in the garage and clean it out myself, it will be $500. So come get it on the 28th!!! :lol:

Of course, 450! Tank is like storage - crap expands to fill the available space, so you need more space.

Oh, it's BIG ..... 96" long, 30" tall and 36" front to back. Going with a ghost-style overflow so no corner weirs to get in the way.

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0698.jpg
    IMG_0698.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 2
Oooo that looks nice. Are you going to keep it similar to your present tank, looks very nice btw, or change things up?

The plan (of mice and men :)) is to essentially move the aquascape into the new tank with the front 12" or so as open sand. Since the tank is a foot longer, I will have a break in the left to right 'scape. I really like an open look. My current tank has become too crowded.

:lol: I think that is as apt a description as any ...... It may be the reefing example of 'eyes bigger than stomach'.

Had to have the biggest tank on the block. Though my son pointed out that nobody else actually has a tank on the block ..... don't be clouding the issue with facts!

I would be interested in the long term care of a quality acrylic tank with a knowledgeable and experienced owner such as Simon.
Specifically how much harder is it to keep clean with the clear understanding of the scratch factor and if there is any bowing with panels longer then 6' after a few years.

Warren, it's my first acrylic tank so I am going to be interested on those points myself :lol: will certainly keep you posted. Tank's been filled in the garage for a few days, no bowing or yellowing yet ......

Bad jokes aside, I did have the tank maker go thicker than usual on this tank. Still 3/4" on the bottom and top eurobrace, but 1" on all walls. Makes getting magnetic accessories to stick a tad problematic, but an acceptable trade off IMO. Also had them thin two spots on the rear panel (by routing out 1/4" depressions) so I can use my MP40 pumps. Seemed a very clever idea to me :) ..... as long as I picked the right spots.

MP60 should stick, and can bolster the external magnet on my veggie clip, but I dont think any of my mag shelf Rock thingees are going to work. Did have to buy a new magnetic panel cleaner. Big magnets are $$$

Last edited:
Back