30" 4 bulb T5 with LED moonlights and built in timers

acro-ed

Hi,
I am selling my "30 inch Current USA SunDial T5 HO 4x24W w/ Timers & LED" fixture. It works perfectly and has upgraded Giesemann bulbs (Aquablue+, Actinic, Actinic+, and a Current 10k). It has what I would consider a nice 14k look to it when they are all on. I used this occasionally on my quarantine tank (just a few weeks here and there over the course of a year) and then for 3-4 months of constant use on a 20L. I recently upgraded to a 40B, and while this worked temporarily I ended up getting something better suited for a 36" tank. The legs can be adjusted in to also work quite well on a 24" tank. This thing was awesome on a 20 long and was growing coral quite well.

The lights are on two separate built in timers, so you can have a dawn/dusk type effect by having the actinic bulbs come on sooner and end later. The LED moonlights are wired via a built in photosensor, so they come on automatically at night.

Overall, this is a very nice little fixture and would be great for a 20L, 29g, 56 column, or anything in that range.

These sell for $236 new. This fixture is in excellent condition and the bulbs have plenty of life left.

I am asking $120 shipped to lower 48 states. I can take pics for you, just shoot me an email/private message.

I am in Ocala, but I head south on I-75 pretty regularly, so we can try to coordinate.

Thanks!
Ed

Price drop to $90.

The bulbs still have plenty of life. I was growing coralline algae like crazy and the zoas/xenia/leathers that were under it were loving it.

While cleaning it up I realized one of the moonlights is not working. I can't imagine that it a major concern; you might tinker with it and get it to work again. This is a good price for a quality fixture for a small tank.

PM me for pics.

They don't as far as I know. This is a 4x24w light. The actual housing is 30". 24w t5 bulbs are technically 22" long, though they are often listed as 24". Hope that helps.

-Ed

Not sure how common/uncommon, but this was a great setup on my 20 Long and would be great for a standard 29g as well. This thing on the 20L made for an excellent cost effective quarantine setup. If someone was going for a long term budget setup that actually grows coral this would definitely get the job done and is a better performer than the cheaper LEDs that seem so attractive.

-Ed

Does it have individual reflectors?

If I remember correctly it is the style where there is a single piece of reflective metal that is bent around each bulb to result in "individual reflectors," but it is not the truly separate single bulb "clip on" style. I will gladly text you a pic when I get home, just shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
Ed

Back