300 Gal see through build

E46er

So I'm setting up a new tank at my shop its been almost 4 years since my 250 SPS blew out at my last shop and I lost everything. its time to rebuild.

It will be see through between my office and the shop but viewable from all 4 sides. it will be flush on the office side and built out into the shop.

The tank will be another 3-4 weeks until complete.

its a Eurobraced 80" long by 36" deep x 24" tall with bean animal overflow setup

stand is 43" high as my last shop tank was really high since everyone is typically standing in the shop and it worked out well.

my brother in law came by last week and went over what i want so he's going to weld me up a stand in the next 2 weeks.
my cabinet bud is going to make me some mitred panels that I'm just going to magnet on. Im thinking white
he made me a badass stand for my home 180 tank but the push button hinges dont last too long in the cabinet before they start to stick.

for equipment I have/have ordered

48" evergrow LED hoping if its high enough I will have enough spread not to have dark spots but we will see
- full new apex with display
-apex auto feeder
Nyos Quantum 300 skimmer
- 2x MP40QD
-black sand
few new mag pumps for water changes. will just be light switches to do WC.
i currently have about 60 lbs LR and will be adding a bunch of base rock.
i ordered 4 more 300W heaters as well. I have a few kicking around here still if thats not enough. I like to have multiple smaller heaters in case of failure. IE with 4 hopefully 3 can handle the load but if 1 sticks ON it doesnt fry the tank.
salifert test kits
hanna salinity checker
i have ran 2x dedicated 20A circuits as well

I'm thinking just a standard 75G for sump and i think i can fit a 20G in stand for auto top off water. if not I can throw a 55G drum up on the mezzanine as well beside my salt water mixing bucket.

Awesome tank dimensions. You'll need a ladder to work in the tank, but I imagine you knew that. Enjoy your build!

Yes.
I had a 250 deep dimension 60" by 3 deep by 27" tall at my last shop. On a 40"ish stand.
I own an HVAC company so I have a dozen ladders within 50 feet at any given time.
I wouldn't do that high st home with nice hardwood flooring but I it's just concrete in the shop side so I'm not worried about the water mess of armpit deep 🤣

I LOVE the 36 "œ depth I miss it from the old tank.

Right on. My 180 is 30 " tall, on a 36" tall stand, so I get a good workout on a step ladder. I think 24 is the perfect height, and love 36 " depth as well. Looking forward to watching it develop!

Definitely a ladder. I have a 36x36x36 on a tall stand, and getting at coralline near the sandbed is a pita.

Definitely a ladder. I have a 36x36x36 on a tall stand, and getting at coralline near the sandbed is a pita.

Yes.
I've had a 36" deep tank on a tall stand before.
And I have lots of ladders scattered all over the shop. Thats not a concern.

Back