3000 gallon tank!!!!

i am a professor so i will have the money.

I'm only going to giggle slightly. And that really wasn't my point.

Take the cost factor out of the equation. It still takes time, planning, and let me tell you, you'll be lucky to have the time to come on here and ask for stocking advice, once your multi-thousand gallon tanks are running.

Trust me, set up the tank first.

What they said^^

th

i am a professor so i will have the money.

Go to the large tank section of this forum and look at Hedgedrew thread. 2 builds totaling 30,000 gallons... Then you can see the time and planning and effort that REALLY goes into it, and he has a team of people working for him, including multiple contacts/friends at the Long Island aquarium. After rereading your first post your just dreaming especially since you want one of everything. Like Peter mentioned money aside the tank would consume your life. Wetsuit and scuba equipment to clean the tank. Skids of rock with cranes to put them in the tank and more boxes of instant ocean than you have ever seen. I guess next time I wake up from a dream I will post it... Kinda like you did :headwally:

Hey guys I'm building a new 4,652gal tank and want to know if it will be OK to mix a baby great white with a nemo and a dori? Guys, it's OK because I make lots of money, I'm a travelling vitamin salesmen (door to door - baller)

I actually don't mind these kinds of threads... at least it gets the info out to people that simply search for "large tank" on the forum and see posts telling others what a huge investment it is, both in time, and money. The OP is irrelevant.

I actually don't mind these kinds of threads... at least it gets the info out to people that simply search for "large tank" on the forum and see posts telling others what a huge investment it is, both in time, and money. The OP is irrelevant.

Well put

Tiger sharks are cool and so are great whites, but let's keep it feasible... A killer whale or nothing...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Hey Mr. Salt I have a 4' baby Great White shark I won in a raffle at Monterey Bay Aquarium............. will you build me a tank so I can give my wife back her bath tub.

Go away..........your thread is taking up GB space.

Of those three, the tiger shark is actually the hard one to keep from my experience.
Just sayin'.

I was kidding obviously, but I know that you have first hand knowledge with most any shark (or you know more than most everyone) What aquarium that you have worked for/with has a Tiger shark, or is this something you have attempted on your own?

Yeah, I was just adding to the sarcasm.

There are a few places in the US that have had tigers over the years. I first started working with them when I was collecting sharks for the 'Mundo Maya' expansion for Dallas World Aquarium. Bimini Biological also does a lot of work with young tigers.

Edit: Had to go back and dig out an old pic while I was thinking about it.

TigerDallasWorldAquarium_zps54646f80.jpg

Last edited:
I had a friend with a 1000 gallon tank and a queen trigger that killed every other fish he had, include some other large/aggressive ones. To the other extreme, you have some very passive fish such as the eels, that won't get a chance to feed even if the other fish don't kill them.

For a small tank, I'd say pick a fish you really want and pick the others based on that. Even for a tank that big, I'd say the same advice applies.

Back