30L - 10g nano reef

Discovered I have 2 tiny Featherdusters
EB35B32C-C45E-4507-AEFA-723AFD6C62CD.jpeg

I had a weird one today. 2 days ago one on my turbos died. I decided to keep it in as one of my hermits already decided to eat it. But then this morning something was strange. All my CUCs were still and my clowns swimming at the top gasping for air. Corals doing fine but got this weird feeling my tank was crashing. I tested the water and all ok but something was clearly off. Decided to do a big water change and with that to also clean the gravel (lots of dirty water). I also removed some of the rocks inside to make more space and allow to vacuum the sand. Now tonight will add some more water and clean the canister filter.

I have had the same thing happen twice. once with a turbo, and once with a very small pincushion urchin on a 30g tank. I originally had the same thought as you that on an established tank with the amount of water I had it would be OK since it was already being feasted on, but I was wrong. it turned into quite a bit of maintenance to get it back to happy despite having pretty good water parameters!

now if I see a snail not looking right, I'll literally put him in a spot where I can check him later and if he hasn't moved, I yank him. not worth the risk for me.

Also had to take out 2 Aiptasia so used again Aiptasia-X and saw them implode
I don't even want to think about that, I'm finally aiptasia free lol.

Back