3rd Annual Diablo Coral Swap

Dragonvale

WCR, here's the first swap of the new year other than ours LOL. If anyone is interested please on this thread. It would be great seeing other members join in on the fun and add a variety of corals to our club :)

On Feb. 22nd of 2014 Diablo Corals is proud to announce it will be holding its 3rd Annual Frag Swap at Diablo Corals. This year we are bringing out all the big guns we got and pulling no stops to make this the biggest swap we've held.

This year the Raffle is going to be for a very awesome cause. Proceeds from the swap and raffle will be donated to Mr. Rutherford's 3rd grade class at Garden Hills Elementary. We were turned on to this amazing story from Gresham at Reef Nutrition and we felt this class is what we need to keep the hobby alive. Mr Rutherford teaches his students portions of the class from his tank as well as teach them responsibilities using the tank. If you want to know more about the class or donate directly please see the link below...

www.mrrutherfordisawesome.weebly.com

The swap this year will be like all of our swaps in the past, we will start registration at 11am and start the swap at 1pm SHARPLY..... I will post all the rules in the next post so just be patient.

Here is the list of companies that will be donating to the raffle, i will be updating this list here as well as our Facebook page as they come in.

Sponsors:

Reef Angel

Reef Nutrition

AP Breed

Continuum

BSI

Hikari

Jester6 Rockwork

Kessil

Diablo Corals

Thomas Reef Vision

2014fragswapflyer.jpg

Diablo Corals Third Annual Frag Swap
This Swap is being held for us to meet new reefers in the area and let you meet our staff. It also will allow you to get new corals and meet new reefers. This year swap has a little special meaning to us as we will be donating proceeds from swap and raffle to the younger new reefers growing up and taking a liking to the hobby!!

This swap is open to all enthusiasts and family members.

To participate in the swap you must meet our requirements:

Be willing to meet new reefers, have 3 or more corals to swap and pay the registration fees

How the swap will work

"¢ Corals will be placed on tables with a family of corals (I.E. Zoas, soft corals, LPS, SPS - sticks, SPS - plates, other)

"¢ You will receive a name tag/bracelet with a group letter

"¢ letters will be called in this order: A;B:C;E;F;Z;Z;F;E;D;C;B;A;A...

"¢ When your group letter is called, in the first round, you will have a few minutes to select a coral

"¢ Successive rounds will be shorter and you will be able to grab more corals.

"œThat sounds neat, how do I participate?"

"¢Show up for Registration 11:30-12:45

"¢Bring three or more different strains of coral

Important Information

"¢The swap will be held on Feb. 22th 2014, @ Diablo Corals
"¢Swap registration is 11:30-12:45, anyone coming late to check in automatically is placed into the final picking group

"¢The swap starts at 1:00 hard
"¢The raffle will be held during the swap, so keep your ears open
"¢We ask that you package your corals in deli containers NO ZIPLOCK BAGS. Not only can you see the corals better, they do not leak all over the place . If you show up with substandard packing you will be asked to purchase deli containers and repackage and label your corals.
"¢All containers shall be labeled with the coral type, your name and internet handle and growing conditions if they are not labeled you will be required to label them on the spot
"¢There will be food and beverages available for purchase during the event

"¢ Any corals that are deemed unhealthy or freshly fragged will not qualify you for the swap.
"¢There will be a raffle of items for donations and corals. Tickets will be on sale at the event. $1 a ticket or 6 for $5 . There will be many items up for grabs and we will also be giving away a CRAZY door prize away to one lucky participant.
One last thing

Please treat all corals that you pick at the swap as if they are infected with the worst pests known to man,. Not only does dipping help to prevent pests from making their way into your tank, it can help to prevent the spread of nuisance algae as well as keeping the instances of necrosis to a minimum.

Non-Qualifying Corals

*these organisms have been deemed too common in the hobby. They will be placed on a separate table from other corals at the swap.

Green Star Polyp (GSP)

Brown Protopalythoa (sea mat)

Xenia

Anthelia

Encrusting Gorgonian (brown GSP)

Kenya Tree

Colt Coral

Brown Toadstool Leather

Macroalgae (California legal varieties)

I don't have a shirt and I don't think you guys have my size...3 but I will still be representing WCR...I'm going by Diablo either today or tomorrow to see if he will have the 3 for 20 frags and will let you guys know what he says...

Just left there and the young lady said yes they will have 3 frags for 20 dollars just tell her when you get there and it's 20 dollar registration but 15 if you register before feb 14...oh and I left with a frag of bam bam zoas lol

Well Jason you can probably add me to that list of names, I'm even trying to go to MACNA in August in Colorado lol hopefully I can get a WCR shirt by then...

Nick guess what, me too lol

My thing is I'm probably not going to go with the whole selling coral thing...I'll probably be that guy that just frags for swaps and trades and friends

Well Jason you can probably add me to that list of names, I'm even trying to go to MACNA in August in Colorado lol hopefully I can get a WCR shirt by then...

Nick guess what, me too lol

My thing is I'm probably not going to go with the whole selling coral thing...I'll probably be that guy that just frags for swaps and trades and friends

Wow headed to MACNA! If there is anything local this year I'd try for is MAX in the OC, Marine aquarium Expo. I'm definitely going this year since I missed last year hopefully ;)

What is MAX and OC as in Orange County? Yea I want to go to MACNA since it's only in Colorado...I'll probably drive there and fly back shouldn't be too bad

Back