40 breeder build (pictures/queations/first saltwater tank)

Showing how my plumbing is set up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gvccXaKzOgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yea you can always learn from peoples mistakes. I researched and researched and obviously it wasnt enough lol ive been learning and researching for 2 years and finally starting lol
1xpq8
1xpjb

Converted my Dual deionization unit from aquatic life into a Carbon reactor! Check it out!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pg4auNtc7MU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Herbie method explained

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yZJnE5AM0JE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alright guys it's been a while but I finally got some coral in the tank!!! Mixed Reef is coming along nicely! Check it out!

I got everything from a local reefer for 45 dollars!!! Sweet deal for the amount of corals I got.

First up is the bird of paradise

Red Monti

Some GSP for kicks and giggles lol

Some zoas that I haven't look up the name yet lol

Tiny clove polyp

Hammer coral with 2 heads

More zoas and palys

Green pocillipora

looks good so far man. You could enclose the two with a larger box. It would tidy things up a bit. I don't think it would change the function any just the look. what's your plan for flow?
20.gif
1xpjb

looks good so far man. You could enclose the two with a larger box. It would tidy things up a bit. I don't think it would change the function any just the look. what's your plan for flow?
20.gif
1xpjb

Yea I don't think I'm going to do that unless I absolutely have to because my tank is running fine how it is. If I ever have to do hardcore maintenance or big water change then I will but for now it's good. And my flow is 2 RW8s and a rio 2500 plus for the return

Looks really good. I really love the rockwork and how it's laid out. So much open space, yet I can see you have plenty of flow through it, with enough hiding spots and a great blend of light and shadow. Also, lots of shelves to place corals.

Looks really good. I really love the rockwork and how it's laid out. So much open space, yet I can see you have plenty of flow through it, with enough hiding spots and a great blend of light and shadow. Also, lots of shelves to place corals.

Thanks buddy!

Made a video on how to Coral Dip With Bayer for my YouTube channel of you want to check it out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AOf2flGrAo4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hi Isaac,

Just noticed your thread--really enjoy it! I admire (thankful, too!) people like you who show your trials, errors, and successes to help the rest of us. Videos especially for the DIY stuff. Great ideas, by the way.

Your aquascape is very cool--open, with a great natural shape. I'm setting up right now, so good, small-scale 'scapes are an inspiration.

I'll look forward to seeing your setup mature.

Enjoy,

Gordon

Hi Isaac,

Just noticed your thread--really enjoy it! I admire (thankful, too!) people like you who show your trials, errors, and successes to help the rest of us. Videos especially for the DIY stuff. Great ideas, by the way.

Your aquascape is very cool--open, with a great natural shape. I'm setting up right now, so good, small-scale 'scapes are an inspiration.

I'll look forward to seeing your setup mature.

Enjoy,

Gordon

Thanks for the admiration!! I mainly do it to document my progress and have a place to put everything, but yes also to help people who are new because I'm also new to this hobby. Well I'm glad you like it and continue to follow!
Thanks Gordon!

Yes, your first sps ! Congrats bud

Yeah buuuddyy!! Hopefully everything goes smoothly lol going to get some more after I see growth, that'll let me know I'm doing everything right lol

Yea you can always learn from peoples mistakes. I researched and researched and obviously it wasnt enough lol ive been learning and researching for 2 years and finally starting lol
1xpjb
25.gif

Back