46G Bow stand/canopy construction

Safir, That is one wonderful project you put together there! I've been trying to come up with plans for my AGA 36 bowfront for the canopy for a long time.

The pictures you've included have let me know that I'm on the right track, and you've further inspired me to go forward with my design :) Thank you very much :)

regardingthe bulb - i dont know for sure, got it from a friend, but the box says BLUELINE MH-175W 10K, the box is about 10" long and the bulb took most of that up whe nit was in there.

tkang - that's what this place is for - I got my inspiration from someone's 90G corner stand project, but he didn't have so many pictures to illustrate the process, so i figured i'd try to take a lot of pictures to help the next person along :)

let me know if you have any specific questions an di'll try to help.

regarding the doors, they look ok from that angle, but they don't close well and the skin doesn't hold the curve through the middle of the door, it is flat. I will modify them sometime and figure out how to make them close better.

Only question I've got, is how tall is your canopy from the top of the tank? The one I'm building will be about 12" from where the MH bulb will screw to the top. Again, I have the 36gal AGA bowfront, so I'm guessing whether I go 175w or 150w DE (This is what I've sent pmt for to another RC member that was selling), I think being 10+ inches off the surface of the water should be fine.

I'll put up some pics as soon as I get a little ways along :)

One more quick question.

When you screwed the skin on, did you start at one end, screw it in, and then put screws or nails every few inches to get it to bow, or was there more involved in getting the 1/4 inch skin to bend?

Thanks again.

Back