48Lx36Wx24H TS24 adding wavebox

petergillett

Roger,

Got a TS24 on my tank at the mo. Was having a think about a couple more but maybe the wavebox would be a better idea?

tunzepos.jpg

Currently got the Streams in position 1. The racks are 1" and 6" high. Feel there's not enough suspension and a bit dead under the rockwork. Could buy more Streams and face downwards at position 2, or move 1 Stream to position 2 and place a Wavebox in it's place.

Is the tank size suitable for the Wave or will it struggle to work being square(ish).

If I mount there do I face forwards along the 3ft edge or across the 4ft back?

How does the box mount to the side? I have bracing bars around the top edges.

Thanks
Peter

The down angled Streams is not likely to be effective, they just don't have much pressure and any resistance seriously reduce flow.

I have run a wavebox on a 4' by 30" tank with no problems, I think it should work though you may need an extension. Each box would require magnet holders due to the bracing.

I honestly don't think the wavebox will do exactly what you want, the water will move under the rock but it will nor remove heavy detritus, I think you need a higher pressure powerhead like a Turbelle 3000/2 or a spraybar on a closed loop.

Hmmm. I've got a pair of MJ1200s down there at the mo and they really don't cut it. What about another 6100 facing across the back at the bottom to drag the water around under there.

I like the wavebox effect, so would it be better if I was to place it at the top left, a 6100 in the top right, and the other 6100 bottom right (ie lower than position 2) facing across the back rather than down which would be totally unrestricted?

With such a wide tank the wavebox would have to be almost centered on the end of the tank.

A 3000/2 has more flow than 2 MJ 1200. As long as you can clean the Stream it would probably work.

Centred on the side is going to be in the way a bit. I assume it would need clear flow in front of the output? Or is it just the fact it is displacing a large volume quickly that does the trick?

Big financial commitment if there is uncertainty - pity I couldn't borrow one to try it out!

Would have access to the Stream down the back. Being a "hole in wall" means all my access is at the back!

Back