600 gallon Acrylic and Glass Reef Construction.

Hi Valeries,

Ill be sticking with the T5s. They worked well for me last time- so should be just as good this time.

P.

30 inches total height of tank. Bulbs about 6 inches above water- though that really isnt a mjor issue unless you go several feet high...air doesnt absorb light very much at all. Anywhere between 6 and 12 inches is fine.

sand bed, 2 inches or so deep.

How much water flow will you have? I read alot that people have sandstorms with the flow needed for the sps. How many tunze will you use? Where do you place them? Do you use any of the OM 4way closed loop equip?

PS.
yes i'm curious as to your setup and need some direction in my own tank too....LOL

My plan is to use two baracuda pumps from Reeflo for the circulation. Each will be on a separate closed loop. The idea is to have them come on and off at alternating time points to create flow in one direction for several hours then flow in the other direction.

Im hoping I will not need the tunzes, unless there are dead spots I can not deal with.

how do you decide the size of pipe and how many and what kind of outlets for your bar. pumps? Do you know where you will put them yet? Aimed to the front from the back, etc.

i have a dart and need to redo my spraybar, so i'm curious how you figure the flow.

theres no real calculation or anything....I just decide as i go along. I know that not a lot of help, but it is how I do it.

The things to consider are hiding the outlets, so its likely they will face backwards, and providing an area for them to creat flow as opposed to being blocked by corals

P.

Just a picture of the picasso perc I picked up from leaigh Anne a few weeks ago. Nice settled into his new home with his new (much larger) mate....

DSC_0515.jpg

Paul.

If you need a hand Paul I'm pretty good with tools,especially a tape measure, so if you need a hand during setup give me a holler. I'd really think t would be a good learning expierece for me as far setting up a tank.

Very nice plans, Paul. Glad to see a leak didn't make you throw in the towel :) The hybrid tank is a great idea!

hes in spain for a few..hes got his laptop and has been on here but not looking at this i guess..lol

Back