6101 for 90 gal island

Dear Roger, All,

I have a 48" x 24" x 18" rimless tank, mixed reef. I also have a Stream 6101 with controller. I have a selection of 3 jumpers:

- (12V): 2,500 - 7,000 LPH
- (18V): (something in between)
- (24V): 4,000 - 12,000 LPH

My aqua-scaping is an offset island, with a smaller island to one side; with the stream pointing toward the big island. The intention is to put high-flow loving corals on the "seaward" side of the main island, with lower flow corals on the shore-ward side of the main island, and on the small island. Please see attached images which hopefully illustrate my point and make sense.

So I have set the controller to "pulse" between max and min, pointing at the island.

My question. Which jumper should I use, and is my circulation strategy good (return pump directions water forward from back corner, about 45 degrees - easily adjust to create turbulent flow against the stream flow direction)?

Currently using the 12V jumper and it feels / looks like not enough flow.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• front view.jpg
    front view.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1
  • top view.jpg
    top view.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1
I would use the 18V jumper, long term I think the best set up would be 2 6095's and the flow is a bit wider and more diffuse but at 24V is about equal to the 6101 at 18V.

Thanks Roger. In due course I will probably change some equipment such as this, but for now I've got to work with what I have - so I feel better now after I've read your reply.

Cheers.

Back