6105 using 24v jumper and feed timer on 7091

rc1626

I have been running 2 new 6105 pumps on my tank for a couple of months now through a 7091 controller. I chose to use the 18v jumper and things have been perfect. I recently changed to the 24v jumper for more flow and since changing the jumper the feed timer isn't working properly. When I press the feed timer button I will hear the props spin once or twice as they are supposed to (fish guard) but then they will just come on. They used to stay off for about 8 - 10 min. or so and now it's like a minute. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

Rob

Rob,

We are aware of this problem and are working on it. The pump got a small change last September to shorten the fishcare to a twitch rather than a full turn and past 20V something happens with the controller interface, the pump essentially thinks it is stalled and shuts down, tries to restart and this resets the controller. For the time being running one pump at 18V should solve the problem as the controller will then have steady power. The solution will likely be adding a capacitor to the controller to give it a little reserve power.

Rob,

We are aware of this problem and are working on it. The pump got a small change last September to shorten the fishcare to a twitch rather than a full turn and past 20V something happens with the controller interface, the pump essentially thinks it is stalled and shuts down, tries to restart and this resets the controller. For the time being running one pump at 18V should solve the problem as the controller will then have steady power. The solution will likely be adding a capacitor to the controller to give it a little reserve power.

Back