6130.000A Starting Issues

miwoodar

Likey the bikey
I picked up a 6130.000A last November. It was on clearance so I thought I would give it a shot.

I noticed that it chattered upon start up but was planning on running it 24/7 so it didn't bother me. Then in ~December I noticed that it really didn't want to restart. It would chatter for ~30 seconds before connecting (it was uber clean on the inside). Now it won't start at all. It's trying but it never engages. The insides are spotless. I've taken apart the impeller and inspected everything.

What am I missing here?

That pump hasn't been made in 4 years, I know at one point we had a batch with the wrong 50Hz prop which will not run on 60Hz, it will struggle to start for some seconds, even brand new and may or may not get running. I can only assume that is the issue, either that or the brake shoes have worn out. If it struggled from the beginning to start, it is likely the prop. If it oworked properly for a month or more and developed an issue it is more likely the brakes, especially if it was used on any sort of wavemaker which will destroy the brake system in short order.

Thanks.

How can I tell if it is the correct prop?

It hasn't been run on a timer and the brakes look new.

The propeller should be 42mm long, you are welcome to send in the pump, this pump was only around for 2 years and we sold very few, it was just a larger version of the 6080, but given the limited number sold and the short time it was available, my experience with them is fairly limited.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Back