72 Gallon Bowfront - New Tank

Ummmmm. Last FTS was on June 14th.. 4 and half months ago. Nowhere near a year ago. LOL. Just sayin'

I'll add another by today or tomorrow.

Update.

Looks like the filefish finally came thru. I can only see about 2 or 3 aiptasia he has not eaten. He pretty much cleaned up the tank. So far he has not gone for any corals. Hopefully he won't any time soon either.

Yes yes. A bit dirty. Haven't had much time to clean it up a bit.

F166B1E8-141F-4280-AE50-3D30675BBFC5-25452-0000013B776AFA5E.jpg

haha you werent kidding looks exactly the same besides needing more glass cleaning (if thats the look you go for that is) but looks good.

Did a good cleaning on the tank just for fun today. Scraped all coralline off the back glass and on the outside of the overflow. Gave vinegar baths to all pumps and power heads.

And pretty much trimmed off the Kenya tree. I'm starting to hate that dang coral. It just wont die!!

8F25E0CC-AC3B-4A53-9CBC-9A487FD63903-912-00000014071F93E6.jpg

Haven't been on here in a looooong time. Pedro usually asks for updates.

Here's mine. LOL. Will be setting the tank back up soon.

Wow that is the cleanest tank i have ever seen! So much so it is invisible! How do you keep it so clean? :) :) :) Glad to have you back!

Steffen Sparks

Tank is back up.

Tanked leaked while I was out of town after a crappy bottom reseal job and I lost everything in there. I let the rock dry up outside. I scrubbed it down and let it fully dry for about a month. I rinsed with RO water and rock went into a tub with saltwater and chaeto. I only kept up with topping off. I didn't really maintain parameters or checked them for over a year. Back in May this year I thought of selling it off. I started testing and I had no ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, or PO4. Salinity was at 1.027 (a bit high for my liking). I lowered it to 1.025 and began getting the tank ready again.

This time I fully resealed it. I leak tested and let the tank sit for about a week with water to ensure it would hold. I set up the tank and had a very minor ammonia spike the day after. It quickly receded. I didn't have much of a cycle due to the established live rock.

It is now running and has been for about a month.

Day after setup

About 5 days ago. Diatom bloom. I'm assuming its the water source. Going to have to change that up or get an RO/DI

our tank is good.. actually upgraded fromt he 45 to a 125. also we got 2 other thanks going a 30 and a 20 gallon that we just started haha.

looking at finishing the repairs on this other house so that we can setup the 300 gallon one that we bought a year ago.

its all about timing and money now haha

our tank is good.. actually upgraded fromt he 45 to a 125. also we got 2 other thanks going a 30 and a 20 gallon that we just started haha.

looking at finishing the repairs on this other house so that we can setup the 300 gallon one that we bought a year ago.

its all about timing and money now haha

That's awesome man. For a while I didn't have "time" for it, but now that it's up and new I've got nothing but time to let it fonts thing. LOL.

I'm just keeping up with top offs.

Back