72 Gallon Bowfront - New Tank

Cool I just got a COCO Worm, just started with plankton. I pick it up at the LFS

They're easy to care for. I just dose the phyto and leave it alone. LOL

Just make sure you find a spot where its not being blasted by the current.

Added more rock. After is top pic. Before is bottom pic.

b.jpg.png
[/URL]

What Leds did you go with?

I went with some Chinese ones. As much as I love the hobby, I'm not ready to drop more than $400 in lighting. LOL.

I'm thinking "LED lights? or a cam upgrade on my car?" and I end up going with car parts. LOL

I got some Dsuny lights. Two panels with built in fans. You can chain the panels and they come with 1 controller. The controller sold me. Has 4 channels and you can ramp up each channel individually 1 to 100 percent throughout the day. They are pretty powerful and I like them.

I really want to try some SPS now, but too scared of that to even drop good money on them LOL.

Anyone want to donate some?

I went with some Chinese ones. As much as I love the hobby, I'm not ready to drop more than $400 in lighting. LOL.

I'm thinking "LED lights? or a cam upgrade on my car?" and I end up going with car parts. LOL

I got some Dsuny lights. Two panels with built in fans. You can chain the panels and they come with 1 controller. The controller sold me. Has 4 channels and you can ramp up each channel individually 1 to 100 percent throughout the day. They are pretty powerful and I like them.

I really want to try some SPS now, but too scared of that to even drop good money on them LOL.

Anyone want to donate some?

Nothing wrong with those lights. Ive sen youtube videos and they seem to be doing a great job! I want SPS, but im still trying to learn more, I have the growth, its the color that im lacking,lol

Nothing wrong with those lights. Ive sen youtube videos and they seem to be doing a great job! I want SPS, but im still trying to learn more, I have the growth, its the color that im lacking,lol

Most of the youtube videos are the thin panels they make. They don't have fans so I ended up going with their B series that have fans built in. The units are not as large as the thin panels, but they do put out good color and really make the coral pop. I'm very pleased overall.

I'm the other way around. I get good color but minimal growth. I need to raise my Ca I think.

I had two monti cap frags. A Red and a Purple.

The red was pink when I got it and the purple was almost white. They colored up under the T5's. The red turned super bright and the purple went from all white to purple.

During the new aquascape I lost the purple one, but the red one is going strong. Super bright but minimal growth.

Just a quick update picture.

Ca has dropped to 370 after I ran out of Kalk to dose.

Going to start dosing two part that I will be making. Will be going with Randy's Recipe #1.

20160428_174625.jpg

Tank leaked again. So I have given up on these dang bow fronts for good. Picked up a used 75 gallon from Jimmy in a rush.

Last edited:
Back