72 Gallon Bowfront - New Tank

Here's the update: Nothing has changed. And I mean nothing! Neither good nor bad. Which brings me to my issue.

All my coral has little to no growth. Hmmmm not sure what can be stunting the growth any ideas, anyone?

Salinity. 1.024
pH 8.2
dKH 10
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
Phosphate 0
Calcium 420

I do top off with kalk. And I seem to be getting what looks like diatoms growing on the back and front glass. It may even be dynoflagelates not quite sure.

I don't have a TDS meter but I test my top off water before adding kalk and unless everything is at zero I won't use it.

Last edited:
Lights are on for a total of 10 hours a day. Actinics come on an hour before daylights and go off an hour after.

I don't have a mag test. Dang should've thought of that.

Jesus i got a brand new mag test kit if you want to buy it, or let us know if you have checked that out. mag should be replenished with water changes but i find that its usually low after a while pretty quickly. Are you still doing the vodka thing ?

Haven't had a chance to do anything for the tank. Been busy with another project. Tank is looking fine. I slowed the kalk dosing and gradually stopped it. Weird that coralline took off shortly after that.

Tank as of last week.
49fb5b63.jpg

try some different setting with the dslr and i usually edit them to add more saturation and contrast to make thing pop a bit better. but yeah im no expert cuz i use the auto setting.

try some different setting with the dslr and i usually edit them to add more saturation and contrast to make thing pop a bit better. but yeah im no expert cuz i use the auto setting.

Looks like photobucket downconverted it or something I just saw the original file and the quality is way better. Weird

I like the tower of rocks on the right, Skills on the door! Nice

Thanks bro.

I took my tank down sometime late last year and either sold or donated almost everything I had.

I know I gave a frag of green Monti cap and a frag of red digi to Erik hoping they would grow out and I could get a piece back once I restarted my tank. I think Erik fragged the cap at one point and gave a frag to someone. Well, Erik is gone. Lol. Did anyone end up with either of the two or a piece of them? I'm interested in buying a frag of them if anyone kept them alive. I really liked the color of them when I had them, bright green color cap and bright red digi.

i would send him a pm, my guess is that the sps is gone because i also gave him a few pieces. most of them didnt make the next move/teardown. not hard to find pieces so hopefully you have the same luck.

After battling aiptasia for a while now. Tried kalk paste, joes juice, zapper, hot water, nothing.

Got this little guy last Friday. He's been doing good so far exploring everything. Haven't seen him go at aiptasia or coral yet. We'll see how he does.

0C4D3C94-FF3A-418C-8529-6BFC9DEEC711-1251-0000000B6D148DE9.jpg

eric had good success with one of those, but it has to be the right type, i know there are 2 or 3 that look very similar. keep us posted.

I guess I will update my thread since Pedro decided to harrass me about it. Lol

Nothing to update really. Aiptasia doesn't seem to be spreading anymore; however, I have not seen the filefish go at it at all. Maybe he has I just have not witnessed it.

I overfed a few days lastweek and got green hair algae growing. So now I slowed the feeding and it seems to be receding.

Thats about it.

Looks great man how do u like the bowfront I'm picking up a 170 marine ready one this weekend I heard the bow distorts the look?

Back