730g In-Wall Display

I used that same skimmer on a build, but the internal model. Watch the pump, I've replaced it twice. Love the skimmer though. I built a washdown in the cup plumbed to drain. The Profilux controls the washdown solenoid. Both washdown solenoid and skimmer pump are secured by a cup mounted float switch.

Nice system there, good work. Nice lighting contactor panel too ;)

Very nice! Is your friend a recording artist?

mini-_DSC1295.JPG

mini-_DSC1296.JPG

mini-_DSC1297.JPG

mini-_DSC1300.JPG

mini-_DSC1301.JPG

mini-_DSC1302.JPG

mini-_DSC1303.JPG

mini-_DSC1304.JPG

This is such a huge build...I want a tank in the wall build but the wife wont let me cut a hole in the apartment wall haha oh well!

424367_3416578412738_1218438313_3504018_2100844843_n.jpg

This one, sir. Also, I couldn't help but notice that you have a JBJ Arctica chiller in your fishroom, I believe...(?) How has that been holding up for you?

Oh, and FTS is short for full tank shot. Sorry about that.

Ahhhh, you've found my FB page! :)

The JBJ has been functioning perfectly, but it's actually outside the fishroom. It's plumbed through the wall to remove heat from the fishroom. Rather counter-productive if the heat was removed from the water, but allwed back into the air within a confined space.

BTW: That image is nearly a year old... The corals have grown out in an amazing manner! ;)

-Tim

I actually just pulled that pic from a couple of pages back. I was hoping you'd post up a new picture of that tank because I know its been awhile. I'd love to see how it looks now!

I was hoping you'd say that about the chiller, too... I just picked one up and plan to use it on my current build.

It's really quite difficult to take pics of this tank beacuse it's so wide, and also because of the 3000w of 20k Metal Halides.

-Tim

Just read this whole thread over two days. Love your insights into building reef systems. Would mind listing the systems that you consider most efficient in terms of energy usage, coral growth, and maintenance?

Thanks.

wow, wow... Mannn I wished i could have a Tank like this.. Tim you do Great work.. You really know your stuff. and very simple too. Like you said a good skimmer ,ozone,natural filteration and tidal waves.....
awwsome awsome....

Back