8 bulb sunpower dim or a 6 bulb ati hybrid powermodule

Mallsreef

So i have nailed my lighting down to the two fixtures after people suggested to get a t5 unit over an ati sirius.
So my tank i also have nailed down to 2 sizes
Most probable is a 30x30x20h reef
The other size is a 36x30x16h reef
So my question:
What fixture would provide the best coverage out of a 8 bulb sunpower dim or a 6 bulb ati hybrid powermodule.

Actually, both lamps will have the same dimensions: 440 mm wide and length depending on 24W / 39W: 588mm / 888mm.

So basically, you are just trading the two middle t5 bulbs on the 8sunpower for the LEDs on the 6hybrid. Coverage should be the same on the two.

If money is not an issue, I would for sure get the powermodule. Not really for the "power" of the LEDs, but just to be able to fine-tune the overall color to your exact liking. Also, personally, I think the light from T5 alone is a bit too flat and boring, but this is just a personal preference of course

(I am using a PacSun hybrid with 8x39W T5 + 300W LED myself. I chose this over the ATI specifially because it was a little bit wider [and at that time, the ATI did not come in white])
It works great on my 40x30x20 tank. Close to the ultimate coverage without too much light spill. :)

Good luck.

Lamp VS tank. Exact tank footprint: 1000mm x 750 mm

DSC0936.jpg

DSC0935.jpg

Actually, both lamps will have the same dimensions: 440 mm wide and length depending on 24W / 39W: 588mm / 888mm.

So basically, you are just trading the two middle t5 bulbs on the 8sunpower for the LEDs on the 6hybrid. Coverage should be the same on the two.

If money is not an issue, I would for sure get the powermodule. Not really for the "power" of the LEDs, but just to be able to fine-tune the overall color to your exact liking. Also, personally, I think the light from T5 alone is a bit too flat and boring, but this is just a personal preference of course

(I am using a PacSun hybrid with 8x39W T5 + 300W LED myself. I chose this over the ATI specifially because it was a little bit wider [and at that time, the ATI did not come in white])
It works great on my 40x30x20 tank. Close to the ultimate coverage without too much light spill. :)

Good luck.
Money is no issue with the two fixtures, i was only worried the 6 bulbs would not cover the 75cm width.
For an sps tank do you believe it is enough, or should I save for an 8 bulb hybrid that is not the new wifi version?
Thanks

I am not familiar with the different ATI versions. Sorry. Hard for me to make a suggestion there. I tihnk I've read that the new lamp has improved LEDs as well(?)
Even though wifi is great to play around with in the beginning, you should just decide on a setting and keep it that way. (I have bluetooth interface to my lamp, but I wouldn't really mind if it was cable only tbh) If wifi is the only difference then Id get the 8 version for sure.

It may be a tad overkill with 8+LED, but with more bulbs you will also have an easier time choosing combinations/tuning the color to your liking :)
Finally, (and this one is very important to me) if you get the "best" fixture, you don't have to bother yourself thinking "what if..." ;)

8 bulb if your gonna have sps.

Can you please explain?
The 6 bulb hybrid is basically the same width, its just the middle two rows replaced with a 75w led cluster like paal said.
I'm just wondering if the 8 bulb or 6 bulb hybrid will cover the 75cm width of the tank. Or will i require a 10bulb or 8 bulb hybrid here?

Based on the width of the tank being 30 or 36 inches you would be better off with a 10 bulb. The ati fixtures are petty narrow and you would have a lot of loss in the front and back.

The specs are online stating how wide they are.

Also the power module is an overpriced piece of equipment that is certainly both worth its price tag lol.

Back