90 Gallon cube SCAquarium Lighting

jmmbones

Hey Guys!! Just bought the SC Aquarium 90 gallon cube. Dimensions are 36"X24"x24". I'm ready to purchase the Radion G4 LED lights. My question is are these lights strong enough that I will only need one, or will two be necessary to keep all types of corals?

You will need two minimum for the tank if you're looking to do all types of corals all over. I'd still do two whether you're doing SPS or not. If anything, two Radion XR15's would be okay-ish if you're doing LPS/Softies.

However, being that you mention all types of corals, two XR30W's would be the absolute preferred choice for coverage over the tank and I personally wouldn't go less than that. This will allow you to enjoy quite a few sticks around the tank and then some.

If you go Radion, I'd go 2 XR30s oriented perpendicularly with the pucks of each fixture going front to back. But then again, if you're spending that kind of money on lights, consider the GHL Mitras LX7 as well, again oriented perpendicularly. You'll save a couple of bucks per fixture and will have 12 total point sources of light with 2 Mitras as opposed to 4 point sources of light with 2 Radions which will help with further shadow reduction.

Back