92 Degrees!!!!

:beer:

Thanks John, and before you get too buzzed get that temp down to below 85. You fish and inverts will toast you for it. That is if they don't become toast themselves. :D

AC would help even more Peter. :D

Gang, the situation becomes somewhat critical at temps close to around 93° F. Many corals start to suffer with brief spells at that breakpoint temp for prolonged periods will cause bleaching and death. Most things in our tank can tolerate a pretty wide temperature swing but prolonged exposure to high or low temps usually results in fatalities.

I'm not joking when I say just buying a window air conditioner can usually avoid the purchase or other expensive equipment. True, a chiller is often needed on large, heavily illuminated tanks but often a simple AC is all one needs for the average tank and both you and your tank will be far happier.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10465625#post10465625 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by herkey1993
Get the top off the tank and try to direct a fan down over the surface. Evaporative cooling can really help more than you think.
I second that motion

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10481269#post10481269 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kkyyllee
most corals will actually start bleaching at 87 degreees
I will have to disagree with that statement, after i saw a video of Fiji island and SPS just exposed to the sun out of the water for hours till the tide came in. And I am not making this up !!

Back