A ~19,000 Gallon Aquarium

Woke up today and found a nice surprise in the tank courtesy of my uncle: half a dozen black-spotted butterflyfish (Chartodon nigropunctatus) and have a dozen of yellow-bar angelfish (Pomacanthus maculosus). I think he added a couple more sergeant damselfish (Abudefduf vaigiensis) as well but didn't have time to make sure. I can't really photograph the whole bunch, maybe a video.

I tried to capture the amount of new fish in the tank but failed miserably. Here are some failed trials though:

aquarium1-2010-12-25.jpg

The middle section under the seating area.

aquarium2-2010-12-25.jpg

Another image of the middle section under the seating area.

aquarium3-2010-12-25.jpg

Yet another image of the middle section under the seating area. Just wanted to say that this image and the previous two all had the big grouper in it. :)

aquarium4-2010-12-25.jpg

A top-down shot of a brain coral.

aquarium5-2010-12-25.jpg

This one is peculiar. This was a bleached brain coral that I first added to the tank and was hit by the red tide. I just left it in the tank, and it was bleached for a while, but now it is starting to take colour.

aquarium6-2010-12-25.jpg

One of the many yellow-bar angelfish added.

Aquarium Video 2010-12-25

Aquarium Video 2010-12-25

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jk3nSXXMRJ0?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jk3nSXXMRJ0?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>​

Tank looks awesome man. What are you feeding your fish? Dose that huge grouper eat his tank mates?
Thanks. I feed a variety of food mostly from the fish market. The main item on the menu is squid.

Thanks.

Great video!
Thanks. I've been trying to take a good video for a while now but couldn't. When I'm in the water, the fish do not behave as they usually do. Maybe diving with the full scuba gear might help.

Back