A FYI option for netting for pods and Rotifers?

ctniners

I am going to start culturing Tisbe pods and Rotifers...I am looking for an alternative option for the mesh net to collect both....I think for Rotifers I need something in the 50micron range however I am not familiar with what that looks like....is there the equivalent for something I can get at a craft store?....for example silk? Or something else that can be used to collect the Rotifers?

For the Tisbe pods I was thinking about using a seachem bag I found...I looked it up and they say the bag is 180 micron....is that good for Tisbe pods?...if not what can I use instead?

Thanks for the help

scolley

ARKSC Founding Member
Premium Member
It's not a net, but these work great. I got a few addition sizes than just these three because it allows you to get really selective of pod type and age.

ctniners

Thanks..im trying to economize as much as possible...i figure if i can make them myself i can do it for few bucks rather than 40$..those are nice and if i cant get any inputs on the diy alternatives then i will go with them

ctniners

Mods...any way to change the title of the thread from FYI to DIY?...autocorrect spelling changed it and I just noticed it..thanks