a new chapter in my reef keeping that's long overdue. a NEW tank build.

Not judging because a nice overflow but that seems like a lot of coin considering you're experienced with building things from acrylic.

The box is absolutely flawless, laser cut and was absolutely worth it in my opinion. Guess there is a reason reef savvy uses em. I'm cheap, and would buy it again with no hesitation(and would have probably paid more) Cost savings buying ebay model or building one yourself Is minimal if this is the style box u want IMO. Not to mention the company and Additions they send with it are great.

Last edited:
The box is absolutely flawless, laser cut and was absolutely worth it in my opinion. Guess there is a reason reef savvy uses em. I'm cheap, and would buy it again with no hesitation(and would have probably paid more) Cost savings buying ebay model or building one yourself Is minimal if this is the style box u want IMO. Not to mention the company and Additions they send with it are great.

Thanks for your input on the overflow box. I'll probably just buy it since it's so well made made,

Went and picked up my MP-10 today.thanks Eric for holding it for me,it means a lot that you were willing to do that.

The reason I love MP-10's so much.here's a 1" wave in my 10g sump.I just had to play with my new toy since its been so long having these awesome pumps.click the picture to bring up the video.hopefully it works.

Last edited:
Yes it is fan cooled and the fan is dead silent. The size of it is crazy when you see how bright it is and all the functions.

that's good to know that it's fan cooled and real silent.I can't wait to see how bright it is considering how small the light is.from all the information I've read it seems to be an awesome little light.

Chris

here are a couple google sketchup drawings of the tank i drew up to see how it will look.they are drawn to full scale so everything is the correct size and dimensions.

<iframe src="https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/embed.html?mid=u45ccd676-fc61-4127-87b1-4646ec96740f&width=400&height=300&etp=im" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" width="400" height="300" allowfullscreen></iframe>

here are a couple google sketchup drawings of the tank i drew up to see how it will look.they are drawn to full scale so everything is the correct size and dimensions.

<iframe src="https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/embed.html?mid=u45ccd676-fc61-4127-87b1-4646ec96740f&width=400&height=300&etp=im" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" width="400" height="300" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/embed.html?mid=u4e64833a-0a29-4b40-b9e0-ea3b5b8bfdf9&width=400&height=300&etp=im" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" width="400" height="300" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/embed.html?mid=ua0a37f6f-9c11-4faa-afe2-ca2b4e569479&width=400&height=300&etp=im" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" width="400" height="300" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My computer doesn't want to cooperate because it has the computer HIV.I think one or two of them posted if not I give up for now trying to post the sketch up drawings.

I added some inside stand lighting last night.I used one of those LED Christmas light strings that's surrounded in a clear vinyl casing.I wrapped it around the top and ran it down the inside corners of the stand.it really does light up the inside of the stand good even though the pictures don't show it too good.

A few more pieces of the puzzle acquired.now I just need to order my tank and get the AI Prime light and I'll be ready to start cycling. I have a skimmer and controller on my list but don't need those to start up the system.
Tunze 1073.04
I know its bigger than needed but I can always turn it down or tee it off and run a reactor.

I found a 5 gallon garbage can with lid that fits perfect in the space I have.

My DIY internal box for my attempt at making a "ghost overflow"I'm going to make a lid for the internal box.

With slotted overflow cutouts(I broke a few during milling) :( I'm just going to use it as is and maybe glue some eggcrate to the back side to make the slots smaller.I'm a little worried because I will have a few fish that only get about 1"-1.5" long.

I have a local glass shop that will cute the pieces of glass I need for the external overflow piece and have him drill the holes in it.he only wants $40 to cut,polish,bevel the edges,and drill the holes.

Inside the top off tank.I had two tunze magnet holders laying around so I used them to secure the tunze top off pump to the top off tank.I don't like vibrations and excess noise so I'm doing any and everything possible to eliminate vibrations.

Does anyone have a newer model reef keeper lite?I'm trying to get the length,width,and thickness dimensions and can't find them anywhere.I even looked on their website and they don't list them.I want to make a cover from black acrylic that covers the mp-10 control box,the tunze nano osmolatorain box,and a reef keeper lite.the cover will be milled out so just the faces of the boxes are visible and the wires are hidden.I'll just have one wire loom come out of the cover with all the wires for the mp-10,osmolator, and reef keeper inside the loom.nice a clean just the way I like it.

Check and see if you have it.the new ones are getting crazy priced.I tried to find an AC JR and now they only sell the apex Jr and its over $300.lmk Roger and check your PM's,I sent you a message.

Chris

I haven't for sure I just if its the newest version of the light. it has an extra outlet strip with it too. I have no clue the value send me a PM what you think its worth.

I might have been Ac Jr also if not think I have in ac2 if you prefer them instead. I think I have a DC 8 with it or I have all the X 10 modulars too

Back