A small, easy blue fish?

roostertech

I want a blue fish to go into a reefer 525xl (5'x22")

hippo tang - perfect color, but a tad big for the tank
blue damsel - keep on hearing how they can be aggressive ******* to other fish
blue chromis - too fragile? Everyone I know that keep chromis lose them one by one
royal gramma - more purple than blue
blue fire fish - not really blue blue

Look at a Blue Sapphire Damsel. I have had one for about 8 months now and he is pretty much a pushover. From what I have read and have been told they are pretty easy going for damsels

"Temperament: Peaceful" SOUNDS GOOD
"Like many of the other damselfish within the Chrysiptera genus, it can become aggressive towards slower moving tank mate " EH? LOL

But what is considered as slower moving fish?

The one I have has been in a nano tank then moved to my large tank and I have to say it is one of the more peaceful fish I have.

Chrysiptera spp damsel. Either C. parasema, C. hemicyanea, or C. springeri. Only get one, and it should be the only damsel, chromis, or (arguably) clown in the tank.

One blue chromis would be fine. The same rules apply.

"Temperament: Peaceful" SOUNDS GOOD
"Like many of the other damselfish within the Chrysiptera genus, it can become aggressive towards slower moving tank mate " EH? LOL

But what is considered as slower moving fish?

I would consider a Banggai Cardinalfish or a Mandarin Dragonet as being a slower moving fish however, both can swim fast when they need to. I don't think I am helping you. LOL

Sk8tr loves the damsels :) Knowing what else you hope to keep would likely help though. Personally, I love damsels if appropriate for the other inhabitants of the tank. Hard to beat the color and all the activity!

Back