A Web Site For Us

RobTop

A HUGE thank you must go out to Mike. He is getting us up and runing an the web. Just a front page at this point, but it is a start. Mike has some great ideas for it. It will have past and upcoming events, general info, and how to hook up with the group. If there is a suggestion you have for it, put it here. Also please help me in thanking Mike for his work.
THANK YOU MIKE!!!

Rockford Reefers

I think the Rockford Reefers emblem could use some improvement.

The only color in it is blue. I know your going for the ocean look but it doesn't give it much pop. the eel has too much fine detail to be recognized as an eel by anyone accept someone already in our hobby.

a start would be to maybe switch out that eel with a dragon eel, or some sort of fish with orange (orange contrasts with blue) and changing out the coral with one that doesn't need to be shaded on the edges in order to be seen at the tip. Of course using too much of a blue orange color scheme might end up looking like the chicago bears symbol.

I know I'm being picky but I am going into Biomedical Illustration and looking at a logo that doesn't get the attention it deserves is a pet peeve of mine.

Mike,
thanks for your feed back.
We chose that logo out of several quite a while ago. We had a contset and that was what a member worked very hard on and the club voted it as the winner.
While it was the result of a members hard work and the club's voting, that doesn't mean it can not be modified. Since you seem so "peeved" by it, why not make the adjustmenst you feel are needed and post it here?
I couldn't have done anything like what we have and am grateful to the member who created it. I am sure he would love to see what you do with it.

I had gone to the link above but nothing loaded. Is there a club site or board member structure here? I'm looking for a board member please and thank you :)

If anyone has some ideas for content on the website please post them here.

All ideas are welcome.

Mike

It would be nice to see who the elected officers are. A calendar that shows when elections are held and other recurring events would be great. The number of members would be nice to know.

The Home page is advertising an even that is Nov. 2014. Who ever is doing this needs to hand it over to someone who will maintain the group.

Back