? about a fish

pink panther

I have a newbie question:

I would like to get a blue tang, what do you all think of that going into my tank? It's a 75 gallon tank. I have a yellow tang, 2 clown fish, and a royal gramma.

Thanks....

A blue hippo tang if bought around 2 1/2 to 3" in size should be fine for several years. They will out grow a 75 gallon tank in the future. I housed one in my 75 gallon for a year before breaking it down. They are active swimmers So some members flame about putting them in a 4 ft tank.

You can make it work, many members have these in 4 foot tanks including myself :)

Just be sure to find it a good home when it does outgrow your setup :)

Ryan has had a 2.5- 3 inch blue hippo in his tank for a couple weeks now, you should give him a call :)

I'll PM you his store contact info.

Pink Panther,

welcome!

I have had blue hippo's in the past and, as mentioned abover, they are active and pretty to look at.
One of our forum members, Linda C, is very knowledgable about 'lateral line disease', which most of them will get if with inexperienced reef keepers (by no means thinking you are - just as a precaution) - Linda may want to jump in and give you some 'watch out' hints!

Panther,

you can do a search on RC or PM Linda C about lateral line - she really is very informed on it

good luck with your tank,

Sent you some links on MHLLE.

Here is a photo of Bayou. I got him on 10/16/07.
tang-1.jpg

I took these photos a few days ago. He has been making some progress.

100_9969.jpg

100_9971.jpg

100_9974.jpg

Back