acans at petsware house

onegreenray

i bought some acans the other day off of petsware house. i went to three different stores. CC is nuts 240.00 yes that is dollars for a 5 polyp frag. 600 for about a twenty polyp frag.

petsware house is the cheapest and has some really nice colors.i know where i will be buying mine from now on.

was wondering when they are going to finish that frag section in the middleof the fish section though?

7-08015.jpg

7-08007.jpg

7-08014.jpg

7-08012.jpg

7-08011.jpg

would love to know when they are getting more in?

The chop shopping and profiteering on these corals never ceases to amaze me :rolleyes: Just one frag from a colony and they've made a huge profit, even if every other frag from that colony dies.

Just a passing phase. In a year or so theyll be dirt cheap when the next "fad" coral takes its place.

Hey Bill, have you priced an aussie colony lately.Try $350-400 wholesale for a 3"x2" colony. Truth is at the price PW is selling them for, if they lose a frag or two you don't break even.
Just my 2 cents

Andy, do you guys have any larger frags of this morph? And if you don't mind PMing me the price?

7-08012.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12899659#post12899659 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Long Island Andy
Hey Bill, have you priced an aussie colony lately.Try $350-400 wholesale for a 3"x2" colony. Truth is at the price PW is selling them for, if they lose a frag or two you don't break even.
Just my 2 cents

:eek1: That's just plain ridiculous, especially when they don't really look any different the Indo stuff that comes in around $60 to $150 depending on size. Amazes me how much the latest craze jumps prices to stupid levels, and people still pay it :confused:

People keep the price inflated by buying these "trend" corals. I remember when you bought a bunch to the LIRA meeting way back when and sold them very cheap. Unless it makes me coffee id never pay those prices. Its insane!

Yup, and I still made a decent profit, despite the fact they were typically selling for a couple hundred per polyp. Heck, even if it made me coffee I don't think I'd pay those trend prices.

Whether it's clothes,toys, cars or corals there will always be those who want to have "the latest thing" and will pay through the nose to get it. The rest of us just wait patiently for the idiocy to end.

bill,
any chance you could do that agin. get some for the meeting to sell to us silly shmoos. i would be in for a couple frags.

i like them and the other lps because its fun feeding them.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12901652#post12901652 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by billsreef
:eek1: That's just plain ridiculous, especially when they don't really look any different the Indo stuff that comes in around $60 to $150 depending on size. Amazes me how much the latest craze jumps prices to stupid levels, and people still pay it :confused:

Do you think Indo has the same corals? :confused:

I think NOT.

As far as price, this is current market, just like the price of oil.

Supply and demand.

If fact the price of all this stuff is likely going up with the price of jet fuel I imagine.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12909151#post12909151 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefly
Do you think Indo has the same corals? :confused:

I think NOT.

As far as price, this is current market, just like the price of oil.

Supply and demand.

If fact the price of all this stuff is likely going up with the price of jet fuel I imagine.

You should check some good scientific references like Veron ;) As for market pricing, I don't agree with the idea of basic commodities like Oil being priced according to bunch of people gambling on the market ;)

i have ocean fresh coral vibrance and also a mix of brine and mysis shrimp. my duncans eat 1/4" pieces of herring. those are also pigs.

it's the price of duncan's and dendro's that shock me... those grow sooooo fast yet stores around me get $40 a head!

Back