Acropora Problem...please help:(

weimers75

One of my acro colonies started turning white at the base a few days ago. Today, I noticed it has spread to some of the lower branches. I'm not sure what it is, but so far the rest of my acros seem unaffected, and I'd like to keep them that way:)

I don't have any advice other then you may want to get a frag off of it incase you don't figure it out.

How fast is it moving, RTN usally take literally days to completely kill the coral, Its not a larger coral that has little or no light at the base is it?

check your calcium and alk,most acros hate change in levels.Did you just do a water change?You need to frag it before it completes its bleaching or the tissue falls off

I tried your suggestions and fragged it, hoping some of it will make it. I did do a water change, but I put the new water in the sump, so I was hoping that would be gradual enough. The sump does return right where the colony was, so maybe you're right and it was from the water change.

What is RTN and will it spread to other corals? Thanks so far:)

rtn is where the tissue falls of the skelton.Something was off and the acro did not like it hence the bleaching or rtn.Acros are pickie to sudden changes more so then like monti`s

Check the sps forum.Those guys are pretty sharp and only live for sps and are a huge help!

Back