Acrylic glue

dviper150

What "glue" is recommended to fix a Crack on an acrylic aquarium? One of the support corners above the tank is cracked after picking it up wrong. I already ordered a small acrylic sheet to glue over it to support it but more sure the what is the best glue for this kind of job.

I did and found weld on 3, 4, and 16. I didn't find any one of those being best for repair jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC 16 is thick to fill in gaps & the others are thin to be used with a needle applicator so it "wicks" between surfaces. Check the Weldon website, I know they have a chart.

This is the crack. Top corner of the aquarium.

448ecba7ce2f4d601c20b0cf1d8e03a2.jpg

You probably can get away with buying a small piece and welding it with weldon 3 or 4. Probably have to clamp lightly to keep it in place.

Agree 3 or 4 should work great. Practice on some scrap. The 4 is thinner than water and if it runs down the front you will not be happy.

That will work fine. It’s about the same consistency as superglue gel so easier to use than 4.

I got weldon 16. Will that be fine?

Will work fine if you glue a piece of acrylic over the top.

If it were me though, i think i would get 3 or 4, let the glue seep into the crack with the thin stuff, then glue a piece over top of it using either the thin stuff or the thick.

Will work fine if you glue a piece of acrylic over the top.

If it were me though, i think i would get 3 or 4, let the glue seep into the crack with the thin stuff, then glue a piece over top of it using either the thin stuff or the thick.

I agree this is the proper way to fix it.

Back