advice on t5 bulb setup, trying different setups.

frenchie

IM001286.JPG

change t5 setup a bit, from left to right
ATI blue special(12k), geisemann actinic blue plus, 6700k, blue special 12k, and actinic blue plus

changed the 12k in middle to a 6700k helped add some more white to tank since it was really blue

is this a good combo for tank with nothing but lps, zoas, rics.
hoping the daylight bulb with boost some more growth.

IM001277.JPG

IM001276.JPG

IM001275.JPG

not sure what this coral is, it is a lps maybe a galaxy coral this is a frag i busted off big rock of it i bought from beldts, had to get 2 frags off for rich1972 and stupidsreef for hooking me up with great frags.
IM001273.JPG

IM001272.JPG

IM001271.JPG

IM001269.JPG

this pics are with new 6700k bulb in fixture last pics were really blue and couldn't make out most of corals. Hopefully this will help coral growth more than the bluer lights.

I'm running from back to front

ATI BLUE +
UVL Super Actinic
GE 6500K
ATI BLUE +
ATI Aqua Blue Special

I like this combo alot and may not change it.

Indermark do you have any pics of your tank? I will be getting my T-5 fixture soon and I"m also trying to figure out what I will run.

Frech, A 6700k should do the job for the growth your looking for. The coral that you frag off for us looks to be an Acan maybe?? Not sure I'll have to see it. I'll be up today, I have to go get fitted for a Tux's so I'll be in & out of the house but won't go to bed until around 3 pmish.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12208931#post12208931 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KvcGsxr600
Indermark do you have any pics of your tank? I will be getting my T-5 fixture soon and I"m also trying to figure out what I will run.

I'll see what I can dig up.

Go to the lighting forum and ask a guy called grimreefer what is best for your fixture . The thread is something like T5 questions and answers

John

I run
ATI Blue plus
ATI Actinic
Aqua Sun
ATI Blue plus
ATI Pro color
ATI Blue plus
ATI Aqua blue
ATI Blue plus

Over my tank just got the lights up yesterday . Looks Great

John