After several days of good behavior...

Sk8r

Staff member
RC Mod
The nem decided to expand in the direction of my best mushroom rock, and I have had four mushrooms bail---though they are alive and lodged in good places. Evidently the nem got as good as he gave, since he retreated to his usual spot. The nem and shrooms traded unpleasantnesses, then reestablished the truce line.

OTOH, hoping to establish a shroom population requires a little scattering, which has now happened---not the way I'd planned, but then nems do what nems do and shrooms defend themselves. It's back to peaceful now. I have one stray shroom I can net up and place on a holey rock where it can get a stable foothold.

Such things happen when you combine types of critters which can move. This was mild, and nothing died.

The purples have taken hold and are ok. The nem, meanwhile is usuing its extreme extension to try to position itself for more food, possibly more light: I'd be happy if it would climb into the upper regions of the tall spire it's at the bottom of, but it's real fond of its chosen cave. Once you put a nem into a tank it will have a mind and eventually a motive (they're radially symmetrical, having a number of independent segments, which is why they can divide and each come away with a whole nem: don't even ask the weirdness of a decision-making process involved in its 'mind'.)

Back