AGA Megaflow kit.?

bckane

Premium Member
Ok finishing up the plumbing on my tank.....on the megaflow system there is a 3/4 inlet and 1" return Bulkhead.....I was hoping to just go with PVC to connect to Bulkhead but its like a barb type....should I was spa flex to PVC.?
and should I glue the PVC pipes to the Bulkhead in the overflow.?

59590buckhead.jpg

Last edited:
I had the same fittings in my AGA kit. I ran into the same problem so I just traded them out with my LFS for the slip style so I could use my PVC...Might not help you now but just a thought.

i would not use that bulkhead it is to restricted .dont glue the pippe in overflow.not necessary,if you need to remove gluing creates a problem.

The picture is the Universal 3/4 bulkhead that comes with the kit......I only used it to show the barb type....the other bulkheads are already installed in the tank

you can use vinyl hose to connect to pvc if you want.i think that is what you are asking.i do not see how you could use spa flex and make it seal correctly on thet type of bulkhead.the hole in the bulkhead you provided the picture of is much smaller than a slp bulkhead hard plumed with schedule 40 pipe.that is what i mean by restricted.i have found that aga megaflows work better for me if i use all 4 holes in tank for drains.than i can maximise flow thru sump.

Back