Ahhhhh..... A place for a Ricordea Junkie!

Its funny you should mention his tank... Don't know whether to thank or curse him. I was getting ready to move several months ago and thinking on what I was gonna do with the new tank I was planning on putting together. Then I saw that damn article. I've kept a variety corals mostly soft and LPS over the years, including zoo and some fl ric, but that article set me off. The first visit to Dr Mac set me back about $430. Now I can't stop buying zoo and ric... Hi my names Jim, I'm a reefaholic with an insatiable taste for Ric and Zoo :lol:

You ain't the only one, my wife keeps asking me are you going to have a tank with on ric's(florida&Yumas) how boring.....ohh well guess she dont see the facination...

Thanks!!

Yes, the yellow ones discussed above were floridas. They are few and far between, but very cool.

Here is another:

rf-yel_8614.jpg

Woohoo!!

Woohoo!!

I got me a very nice ricordia last night at our LFS. It only has one mouth right now, but I think it'll have a new one pretty soon. It'll probably open up more in a few days, but I had to post it now. :D

colored_ric_101903.jpg

colored_ricordia_101903.jpg

Palmetto said:
Thanks!!

Yes, the yellow ones discussed above were floridas. They are few and far between, but very cool.

Here is another:

rf-yel_8614.jpg

Hey Darren... about those yellows. The ones before look real yellow but I think it was Bryan who said there is no such thing as true yellow FL but rather green morphs. This latest pic you posted seems to support that being a green-yellow morph. Do you agree with that?

Re: Woohoo!!

> It'll probably open up more in a few days, but I had to post it now. :D

WOW melev, that second photo is magnificent! I have a hard time thinking that it could get any better than that, but feel free to prove me wrong with an other photo of your ric in a few days. ;)

Thanks for noticing Max, I was feeling a little ignored after being the proud photographer.

I'll likely add a 3x filter on my macro lens to get it a little closer.

Mark,
I know you have not heard from me in a while, but you are the reefer I continue to strive to become!

David West

PS The mandarin is still doing very well!

melev said:
I got me a very nice ricordia last night at our LFS. It only has one mouth right now, but I think it'll have a new one pretty soon. It'll probably open up more in a few days, but I had to post it now. :D

colored_ric_101903.jpg

colored_ricordia_101903.jpg
Melev, those pictures are really, really nice ;) AWESOME!

melev said:
Thanks for noticing Max, I was feeling a little ignored after being the proud photographer.

I'll likely add a 3x filter on my macro lens to get it a little closer.

Would'nt want you to feel dejected melev... Those are very nice. I just got some of what appears to be the same and you certainly have been far more succesfull than me at getting a decent picture so far. :lol:

Heres one I posted in a different thread... Finally got a decent pic of this yuma I've had a while... white/clear and teal with golden yellow mouth.

r31.jpg

Green Ric

Green Ric

Heres a picture of my Ric. ALL the green/blue ones were $4 each and they came in all the same color green. Since I added them about 4 weeks ago they changed to different colors of green and 2 to blue. Lighting is 6700k floresent and atinic. I also took pictures with 6500k Iwasaki and combinations of atinic and 6700k floresent and they look pretty much the same. No flash was used.

Back