AI Hydra Settings Thread

this director?

HYD_AI_C%20--%20000%203648_zpsmbcq1qaq.jpg

Yep that is the one. The below thread and page says he lost internet for a week and it was fine. Here is a quote from there:

The director doesn't speak to the lights over wifi. The director talks to the lights via RF. When wifi fails, the director is still communicating with the lights. The only thing that loses communication when wifi drops is the user interface, meaning that you no longer have the ability to access the director from your phone or computer. Previously, the director would stop sending RF signals to the lights when wifi dropped as a default. With the latest update, that has not been the case and the lights should operate as you had intended them to.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2356724&page=7

Yep that is the one. The below thread and page says he lost internet for a week and it was fine. Here is a quote from there:

The director doesn't speak to the lights over wifi. The director talks to the lights via RF. When wifi fails, the director is still communicating with the lights. The only thing that loses communication when wifi drops is the user interface, meaning that you no longer have the ability to access the director from your phone or computer. Previously, the director would stop sending RF signals to the lights when wifi dropped as a default. With the latest update, that has not been the case and the lights should operate as you had intended them to.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2356724&page=7

hmm then I broke the director?

I have no idea. I would ask the support at AI. They got back to me the same day. I can only report my experiences and point to other threads, I don't know the technical information myself. Good luck!

Do you guys turn on acclimation mode every time you put a new coral in your tank? I currently have no corals in my new tank but am about to start adding some LPS and softies and once the tank matures a little more I will add some SPS.

Do I need to turn on acclimation mode when I put the corals in or just start them towards the bottom?

I don't run acclimation mode and have not had issues bleaching anything, but I have a PAR map and place new coral carefully in the PAR range most ppl have success with them.

Do you guys turn on acclimation mode every time you put a new coral in your tank? I currently have no corals in my new tank but am about to start adding some LPS and softies and once the tank matures a little more I will add some SPS.

Do I need to turn on acclimation mode when I put the corals in or just start them towards the bottom?

I do, 30% for 2 months. I prefer to put them where I want them long term from the start than move them around.

I don't. And no issues either. Stuff I get comes from places w leds or I'll just place them in lower light and move them after a week er so

hey kenpau, wondering if you can work out the temp based on settings? Wondering my temperature equivalent lights set at 80% for all channels.

hey kenpau, wondering if you can work out the temp based on settings? Wondering my temperature equivalent lights set at 80% for all channels.

No sorry mate, the minute you change any of the colours on a preset it changes title to custom. However if I understand right if you were to take the 14k setting and reduce all colours by 20% then you'd have 14k at 80% intensity wouldn't you? Maybe it doesn't work like that!

Are there any mature tanks running the hydra 52s, I'm talking full colonies, not a bunch of 6 month frags. I am 6 weeks into the hydra 52s, while seeing an improvement from my aI sol/ t5 setup, I had slightly higher expectations with the 52s. Imean not seeing too many awesome reefs. Trying to see how the stocked reefs look in comparison with the lighting settings ratios

6 weeks isn't long. Give the corals time to adjust.

Correct, 6 weeks is too short to tell anything other than bleaching. I was referring to the overall expectations of the hydras. I don't see very many setups that are looking really good. I figure a small portion of people own the hydra 52, and even smaller amount own hydra 52s withings stocked spso tanks. I see settings all over the place, but few provide pictures to verify that the settings are actually working. Each tank is different, however I would say most successful tanks should be In the same ball park of ratios, not so much intensities. I have looked through this "settings thread" and posted my settings twice, and got zero feedback, just a bunch of people posting how awesome these lights are, with their settings, no awl, tank size, or photos.

Are there any mature tanks running the hydra 52s, I'm talking full colonies, not a bunch of 6 month frags. I am 6 weeks into the hydra 52s, while seeing an improvement from my aI sol/ t5 setup, I had slightly higher expectations with the 52s. Imean not seeing too many awesome reefs. Trying to see how the stocked reefs look in comparison with the lighting settings ratios

This is taken from another thread on here:-

My tank under 52's

tankwithgreeny.jpg~original

side.jpg~original

hulk.jpg~original

Correct, 6 weeks is too short to tell anything other than bleaching. I was referring to the overall expectations of the hydras. I don't see very many setups that are looking really good. I figure a small portion of people own the hydra 52, and even smaller amount own hydra 52s withings stocked spso tanks. I see settings all over the place, but few provide pictures to verify that the settings are actually working. Each tank is different, however I would say most successful tanks should be In the same ball park of ratios, not so much intensities. I have looked through this "settings thread" and posted my settings twice, and got zero feedback, just a bunch of people posting how awesome these lights are, with their settings, no awl, tank size, or photos.

What are your settings again? Saves me searching hundreds of pages for them!

Back