AI Hydra Settings Thread

His first post said he is running six units on a 5 ft tank. Which is why the % are lower.......

That is correct and makes a big difference. I had it at 60% and noticed my sps losing color so I lowered it to what I'm at now and colors came back. I bought a par meter and I'm getting 370 380 par 10" below the water. I may try later when tank is fully stocked raising it to 55 slowly.

How high is the favored height for the Hydra 26s? I bought a 2nd Hydra 26 for my 36L x 18W x 20H so I am going to raise them up to no less than 10" AWL. Do you think I should raise them up even higher to around 12" AWL?

What setting do you guys use for moonlights? When I turn on the Lunar effect it seems like it's wayyyy too bright! The way that I incorporated moonlights is just to put it on the timer with the following settings:

UV 1
V 1
DB 1
RB 1
G 1
DR 0
CW 1

It seems to give a pretty decent "moon" effect. I used to have it without the Cool White on, but it seemed a little bit too blue so I added the white to look more like moon coloration.

What setting do you guys use for moonlights? When I turn on the Lunar effect it seems like it's wayyyy too bright! The way that I incorporated moonlights is just to put it on the timer with the following settings:

UV 1
V 1
DB 1
RB 1
G 1
DR 0
CW 1

It seems to give a pretty decent "moon" effect. I used to have it without the Cool White on, but it seemed a little bit too blue so I added the white to look more like moon coloration.

I only use db @ 5%

UV 1
V 1
DB 1
RB 1
G 1
DR 0
CW 1

Just DB @ 3% for me.

UV 1
V 1
DB 1
RB 1
G 1
DR 0
CW 1

I have mine on

UV 10
V 10
DB 10
RB10
G 0
R 0
CW 5

Ramps down from 35% to 0%

Hmm seems like a lot of blue is the favored color for moon lights. I wish I had more experience scuba diving because I'd venture a guess that the color profile at night isn't actually that blue, but more white.

Are you guys mostly just doing blue to bring out the corals color more as opposed to actually recreating the moon's light in an actual reef?

The colour profile at night is actually more red than anything else.
16937031771_573cc14f73_b.jpg
[/url]
image_full by kenpau01, on Flickr[/IMG]

AI Hydra Settings Thread

Hy i wrote from italia
I buy 3 hydra 52 right now. With my tank is correct use apex settin for 14k?
Here is photo of my tank
b142e67dc74c011a0e54a361ea9dd118.jpg

The 14k settings are:-

Red 75

Green 75

Royal Blue 100

Deep Blue 100

Violet 100

UV 100

Cool White 75

So you can see you're a little way off, what I have noticed though is this:-

Apex (14k @ 70%) You

Red 53 45

Green 53 50

RB 70 70

DB 70 70

Violet 70 60

UV 70 55

Cool White 53 45

You're not far off running 14k at 70% intensity which may be why you are getting results but they're not blowing you away.

Hy i wrote from italia
I buy 3 hydra 52 right now. With my tank is correct use apex settin for 14k?
Here is photo of my tank
bebb3831ab8eed0ebabf45c1d4917390.jpg
5d4cf3ff56f47545971c13bc2e6930bb.jpg

not necessarily, lights where on full blast at 3:37am, not sure why. rebooted director and connected to it and noticed the update, applied it and fell asleep, 7 am one light still had not updated, reset it and reapplied and then everything worked.

Back