AI Hydra Settings Thread

Right off the My AI website:

Light Firmware Changes
HYDRA SERIES FIRMWARE - Fix to issue where Hydra can go offline for an extended period of time.
User Interface Changes
ALL ON / ALL OFF - Turn all colors on or off with one click when in Manual Mode.
Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
Control
Fix problem that may cause Director to become temporarily unresponsive.
Networking
Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Hy i wrote from italia
I buy 3 hydra 52 right now. With my tank is correct use apex settin for 14k?
Here is photo of my tank
bebb3831ab8eed0ebabf45c1d4917390.jpg
5d4cf3ff56f47545971c13bc2e6930bb.jpg

The 14k setting is 75% white red green 100% blues violets

not necessarily, lights where on full blast at 3:37am, not sure why. rebooted director and connected to it and noticed the update, applied it and fell asleep, 7 am one light still had not updated, reset it and reapplied and then everything worked.

I sweated bullets after reading this, but fortunately my update went smooth last night. First time I had done one since setting my 26's up. Still waiting on spectrum control though.:(

Quick note- working on getting a Hydra 52 mounted over a 60G I'm building. For the mount I went with 80/20 extruded annodized aluminum in black (1010 t-slot). The 2 screws that come with the light unit fit perfectly into the slot. I designed it with benefit that I put a hinge to connect the 2 pieces, and by loosening the mount on the back, I can adjust the height. Turned out pretty slick. I'll get some pics up when tank is fully assembled. Link for 80/20 http://www.8020.net/ Can order through ebay or on amazon or places like grainger.

Is anyone else having issues with getting the lights to take an update? It seems like every time I have to reset the director multiple times, run a light reboot and try multiple times to get each light to go through the update. If anyone has had this happen, and figured it out I'd appreciate the info.

Is anyone else having issues with getting the lights to take an update? It seems like every time I have to reset the director multiple times, run a light reboot and try multiple times to get each light to go through the update. If anyone has had this happen, and figured it out I'd appreciate the info.

Have you tried updating the lights from boot loader mode? Whenever I have had issues updating I ran the update from boot loader mode and it worked perfectly.

To get into boot loader mode do the following:
1.Undiscover the lights you want to update (make sure to save your timers/presets as they will be erased in this process)
2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the light
3. Hold down the button while you plug it in - it should blink red & green a couple times
4. Stop pressing the button
5. Press the button again and the light should turn red. You are now in boot loader mode.
6. Press the discover button on your Director website. It should ask you to update.
7. It will tell you to undiscover and rediscover your lights.
8. Reload your presets and everything should work

I wrote this 100% from memory so it might be slightly off, especially since I've had a couple drinks, but this should help you at least a little. The only parts I am uncertain of is the flashing/colors of the light on the back of the unit itself.

Have you tried updating the lights from boot loader mode? Whenever I have had issues updating I ran the update from boot loader mode and it worked perfectly.

To get into boot loader mode do the following:
1.Undiscover the lights you want to update (make sure to save your timers/presets as they will be erased in this process)
2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the light
3. Hold down the button while you plug it in - it should blink red & green a couple times
4. Stop pressing the button
5. Press the button again and the light should turn red. You are now in boot loader mode.
6. Press the discover button on your Director website. It should ask you to update.
7. It will tell you to undiscover and rediscover your lights.
8. Reload your presets and everything should work

I wrote this 100% from memory so it might be slightly off, especially since I've had a couple drinks, but this should help you at least a little. The only parts I am uncertain of is the flashing/colors of the light on the back of the unit itself.

#4 is so hard tooooooo know lolz

Back