AI Hydra Settings Thread

i have decided to sell my 3 white hydras after a year of fighting with settings and stuff they just aren't for me. i ordered 3 kisses and once i install them later this week i need to sell these to try to make some money back. if anyone is interested please pm me i am going to sell my director, 3 ai newer model regular hydras, and a 5ft ext bracket, and also have the ext rails. would try to get little more then half what i payed, thanks!

"3 kisses" haha nice! How much per kiss?! [emoji16][emoji13]

lol damn autocorrect! Kessil's*!

Good luck, I hope they work out for you. I helped a friend install 8 A360we Kessils over his tank, I was not impressed with the controller coming from the Director, and he has since decided to supplement them with T5's.

not the lack of control but i have tried to get my settings where all my LPS and SPS were happy and i just never had luck, i had a few pieces of LPS just never open up fully as when i had t-5's and i had a GARF Bonsai that was growing steady under my t-5s before the switch and hasn't moved in the year I've had them and have lost some corals due to bleaching or browning like monti's were tough. i have had a red cap monti that would go from growing then i tried to up my white from 25%-30% and once i hit 30% every time it started browning out, then id go back down and 2 weeks later i would get color again. and its like less then halfway down on edge of tank so its not like its right under them. i just had a feeling the they stopped making the regular hydras pretty quick and only sell the 52's and 26's now with smaller led's in my opinion, i think the type of led's themselves were the issue. but once again just my opinion, but its seems like the 52's are doing ok for people but i wanted to go with a light like kessil with some pretty steady results for corals.

Not the best pic,but i got 2 basic hydras over my 120,having a little problem with color.Reason i believe is have to dose manual. But as far as growth ,acros are growing great.Monti s keep growing into glass.sorry about upside

Attachments

• 1428531540151.jpg
    1428531540151.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 0
Hi I am new to this forum but have read a lot of interesting info and I guess I am looking for some conformation that my setting are correct. I am running a 225 gal 72x24x30 with 3 hydra 52s 6 in AWL. I am running at the 20k settings with a director controller. I guess my question is which is better for growing LPS 14k or 20k

Good read :
http://www.aquarium-pond-answers.com/2012/03/pur-vs-par-in-aquarium-lighting.html

after reading that i can change the map to use :

UV: 40
violet : 40
Deep blue : 65
Royal : 80
green : 15
red : 25
cool white : 40

Not a bad read but I would take his recommendations with a grain of salt. Many have already argued on PUR vs PAR and the useable wavelengths.

He owns an Aquarium store and guess what led lights he sells? No other credentials except for being in the business for a long time.

But it is good info none the less.

Vincent

Good read :
http://www.aquarium-pond-answers.com/2012/03/pur-vs-par-in-aquar ium-lighting.html

after reading that i can change the map to use :

UV: 40
violet : 40
Deep blue : 65
Royal : 80
green : 15
red : 25
cool white : 40

Yet another setting change? You need to pick something and stay with it or your corals will never adapt and start growing. No reasons to turn red, green and UV way down. They are already lower watt LEDs and fewer of them than blue and white. UV, violet, green and red only make up around 13% of the total output together if you run all the channels at the same level.

Yet another setting change? You need to pick something and stay with it or your corals will never adapt and start growing. No reasons to turn red, green and UV way down. They are already lower watt LEDs and fewer of them than blue and white. UV, violet, green and red only make up around 13% of the total output together if you run all the channels at the same level.

That is what I thought - but changing to 14 and 20k settings has made a difference in my coral both sps and lps

Back