AI Hydra Settings Thread

Please correct me if I am wrong but..................

For those getting any of the new HD models, no need for a Director or Controller. Your PC will control the lights thru a wireless connection and the AI website.

Yes also your smart phone through android or iOS

I have received information from AI indirectly through Chris at SaltySupply about my Hydra 52 and 52HD compatibility, not clear if the MyAI software will control both the new and the old but sounds like it could seeing that the "older version" 52 are wireless and I will be checking into this more in the future. I do apologize for flaming AI based on the information I had at the time before I had fully investigated with them about my concerns. Here is an excerpt from the email I received from Chris @ Salty
"The guys at AI were concerned about the Reef Central post on Sunday concerning the compatibly of the Hydra 52 and the new Hydra 52 HD so we just wanted to clarify that the new HD's can be controlled with MyAI alongside the older 52 and 26's and also that the older units can be upgraded if needed as well." Robert.

Thanks Salty, I may just save up a little longer and get the 52HD with director. BTW are you using the director, if so how do you like it?

I like it i wish it had a way to get 8000,12000 or even 6500 temps. other than that it works great and have not had issues re-connecting.
My biggest point is the LED industry is getting better and in 8 months there might be a new upgraded version. AI is the only company that I know of that actually offers upgrade kits. They are not perfect but just dont get upset at innovation and new advances.

I like it i wish it had a way to get 8000,12000 or even 6500 temps. other than that it works great and have not had issues re-connecting.
My biggest point is the LED industry is getting better and in 8 months there might be a new upgraded version. AI is the only company that I know of that actually offers upgrade kits. They are not perfect but just dont get upset at innovation and new advances.

Salty- please excuse my lack of knowledge about the AI interface and the hydra52s, but do you use the myAI website with director? With it, it is easy to pick a Kelvin color temperature to input, by clicking on the "bullseye" icon in control. If you do not have access to that, someone with access (like me) could easily tell you what levels are needed to make each kelvin color temp. Just wondering. I don't use the color temperatures btw, and stick with my own slider controls.

Salty- please excuse my lack of knowledge about the AI interface and the hydra52s, but do you use the myAI website with director? With it, it is easy to pick a Kelvin color temperature to input, by clicking on the "bullseye" icon in control. If you do not have access to that, someone with access (like me) could easily tell you what levels are needed to make each kelvin color temp. Just wondering. I don't use the color temperatures btw, and stick with my own slider controls.

what bullseye icon are you referring to? under control all i have ever shown is manual and auto and the color spectrum.

what bullseye icon are you referring to? under control all i have ever shown is manual and auto and the color spectrum.

It's not really a bullseye icon, but close. Under CONTROL go into manual mode. To the right of the color sliders is an icon that looks like a rainbow/bullseye. Click it and the individual color sliders will change to Kelvin temperature and intensity. This will let you choose your Kelvin temperature. If you want to get back, click the icon on the right which looks like sideways lollipops. The sliders now represent the specific color temperature. Sorry for the stupid icon descriptions. I hope that works for you.

It's not really a bullseye icon, but close. Under CONTROL go into manual mode. To the right of the color sliders is an icon that looks like a rainbow/bullseye. Click it and the individual color sliders will change to Kelvin temperature and intensity. This will let you choose your Kelvin temperature. If you want to get back, click the icon on the right which looks like sideways lollipops. The sliders now represent the specific color temperature. Sorry for the stupid icon descriptions. I hope that works for you.

are you going through an Apex? that is not available on my.aquaillumination.com

Interesting. I didn't know, but I've only had the hydra and prime for a short time. If anyone wanted to know how the sliders relate to Kelvin, I could easily post the slider positions. I'm not sure they're accurate they are though.

Got this from Dan at Marine Depot "We have confirmed with Aqua Illumination that currently there is no way to link the older Hydras with the new Hydra HD light fixtures. You would have to run them independently as they won't be able to communicate with each other. They also mentioned a upgrade path coming soon. If you were to buy one to use it in the center, you would have to program the lights separately to make them look as close as possible."
There's no way to keep up with technology and I am AI continues to make improvements to the product. Hope this helps some others.

Loving my lights so far.

If I had any criticism it would be that it would be great if we could set the kelvin like what has been discussed in the previous posts and that it showed what phase the moon was in.

I have no idea when my tank will go into darkness yet as it has only been on the tank a week.

Loving my lights so far.

If I had any criticism it would be that it would be great if we could set the kelvin like what has been discussed in the previous posts and that it showed what phase the moon was in.

I have no idea when my tank will go into darkness yet as it has only been on the tank a week.

It will go dark at a new moon. Next one is Nov 11.

Loving my lights so far.

Next Monday Tuesday and Wednesday is a new moon so those with their settings that go down to 0% will have lights out.

Back