alternative to vinyl tubing? need suggestions

caliMako

need some advice. what else do you guys use for flex hose tubing? the vinyl kind at home depot is too rigid and i have a hard time heating/molding it into place. i am looking for 3/4" flex tubing for my UV. vinyl is too rigid and the silicone tubing from BRS is too flimsy.
hard plumbing is not an option

home depot has a spiral ribbed black pool tubing which i really liked but it only comes in 1" and the spiral rib has a metal core which will rust.

open to any suggestions you guys have.

thanks in advance

I couldn't get PVC flex to flex in any way other than the way it was rolled up at the manufacturer's. Good for long runs but not so good for necessary bends IMO.

P.S. I didn't want to put pvc pipe elbows into the pipe to reduce noise. They would have improved the flexibility issue.

Have you boiled water and let the vinyl hose end sit in it for 10 or 15 seconds. It gets really soft and easy to slip over the fittings.

Edit:. Nevermind, I think you're talking about running the hose. You could drop the whole thing in hot water and mold it however you like
Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I use superflex or ultra flex PVC. It glued the same as PVC, is very flexible and tough. It is much more flexible than normal flexible PVC.

Back