Angelfish swimming upside down and laying on floor

Swimming upside down or erratically usually means swim bladder issues, but I'm not sure how the skimmer overflowing would cause that in one fish and not all. Antibiotics may help if it is indeed a bacterial issue

Fish is back to normal and eating. Didn't move it or treat it. Just the big water change. I have seen in this hobby before that overreacting is worse than not reacting in most instances where you are not sure of the exact issue.

Fish is back to normal and eating. Didn't move it or treat it. Just the big water change.

Your skimmer dumped liquid sewage into the tank. Water change is the perfect course of action. What made you think swim bladder on such an established fish, and with a "smoking gun" right there?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xfGAC6H32ng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Doesn't that look like a swim bladder issue to the untrained eye? My knowledge is based on what I read and have seen online or in my own tank. Didn't see a bulge like some fish where they keep floating to the surface, but this seemed quite similar.

That clown trigger is like, "get off of me dude"! LOL

Glad he's ok. I would have thought he was a goner!

The old saying is true...the solution for pollution is dilution!

Doesn't that look like a swim bladder issue to the untrained eye?

Glad your fish is OK. No, that doesn't look like any swim bladder issue I've seen, which usually consists of hyper swimming downward, or swimming in circles. Free floating death moves like what you posted is what I've seen with copper poisoning. I'd assume the same as toxic poisoning from your skimmer.

Moral of the story: If your skimmer craps in your tank, do a water change :)

Back